Lobster Alive?

mspmcpie

Hello! We will be visiting Barbados on a Saturday in November on the Jewel of the Seas. I've been researching excursions, food, etc and think we would like to eat at Lobster Alive.

Has anyone had recent experience with this restaurant?

Mainly, I am trying to decide if

• going to The Boatyard would be necessary, or if hanging out under an umbrella on Lobser Alive's portion of the beach would be nice.
  • And if we need to make reservations at Lobster Alive?

Any info appreciated! Thanks!

Making reservations for Lunch at Lobster Alive would be just about unheard of. :D

Reservations for Dinner is more likely, but even so probably not necessary.

It's a small informal place on a great beach about 100 yds. wide, down to the water

at that point along Carlisle Bay.

Lobster_s_umbrellas.jpg

These are Lobster Alive's BIG umbrellas.

Boatyard right next door almost, shares the same great beach

but caters to the younger,party crowd.

How young/old are you? :)

My husband and I went here last October, and will do the same again this August. Since LA is right next to the Boatyard, we were able to take a look at the water sports offered there, and retreat back to the quieter area of Lobster Alive. The 3 tickets you get when you rent 2 chairs and an umbrella are redeemable for a free rum punch or coke, which was a nice touch. The food there is great. We had the flying fish last time, this time we're going to splurge on lobster.

My husband and I are in our late 20's, and lead extremely busy lives. We are finding out more and more that we primarily enjoy a more quiet experience while on vacation, with the option of a party atmosphere nearby even if we don't necessarily participate. Lobster Alive gave us exactly what we enjoy on vacation. Can't wait to go back!

Thanks Faith and Aplmac! We are 25 and 31 y/o. The water sports at the Boatyard sound nice, but we have some really active excursions planned for the three days before, so relaxing at Lobster Alive seems to be the best idea for us. The umbrella picture looks NICE! :D

Do you know of any nearby shopping? That would just be icing on the cake after relaxing on the beach and having a yummy lunch.

• 4 months later...

We were here last year and loved it. THere were somepeople stopping to sell items, but they were pleasant and had decent quality goods.

Does anyone know what they charge for the 2 chairs and an umbrella? I just can't remember.

Archived