Suite perks on other cruiselines--how do they compare to NCL?

erdoran

The suite life is brand new to me! We're in a spa suite for our Christmas sailing on the epic, and I'm already beginning to think about our Christmas cruise in 2011 :> Rather than just blindly continue to book NCL, are there other cruselines with reasonably-priced suites (say $3k/person more or less for Christmastime) that have similar amenities like the butler, concierge, courtyard private area, and a private restaurant? How do their suite experiences compare with the lower-priced suites on NCL? thanks

I can only answer for Carnival, the suites are larger and have more storage, but other then getting VIP embarkation and disembarkation they offer no perks. I loved the size and storage of the category 12 penthouse we had on the Liberty, toilet and bidet, nice whirlpool tub, double sinks, and a seperate changing area, 3 large closets and plenty of drawers, but no Butler or Concierge, and no special room service. The AC suite we had on NCL was much smaller, had very little closet space and the restroom was not nearly as big, but it was still nice. The Butler and Concierge service was a nice touch and eating breakfast at Cagney's was very enjoyable. CCL's suites are cheaper, but you don't get all the perks so I just go with the itenerary that I want.

The suite life is brand new to me! We're in a spa suite for our Christmas sailing on the epic, and I'm already beginning to think about our Christmas cruise in 2011 :> Rather than just blindly continue to book NCL, are there other cruselines with reasonably-priced suites (say $3k/person more or less for Christmastime) that have similar amenities like the butler, concierge, courtyard private area, and a private restaurant? How do their suite experiences compare with the lower-priced suites on NCL? thanks

NCL has about the best suite perks in the mass market suggest you go to the other boards to find out about other lines.

BG

HAL's S suites are bigger and give you access to the Neptune Lounge with concierge service but no butler, no special nightly treats, no butler and did I mention no butler???

Some lines may have bigger suites in terms of overall square footage but NO other mass market line can compare with how NCL treats their suite pax. From the moment you embark to the moment you disembark you are made to feel appreciated and pampered.

I don't know of another line that has an area like the courtyard reserved for the exclusive use of their courtyard villa, owner suite, deluxe owner suite and garden villa guests.

You should be very pleased with the perks you receive in the Epic Spa Suit - access to the top decks, Courtyard, on/off, tender service, private party one night, best seats for the shows (Blue Man, Cirque, Legends, etc.) provided by your conciere. Spa Suit also gives you 24 hour access to the spa and all the free things you will get in there are well worth it - a day pass is like $35pp if not in the spa suit. we are in a Villa b/c we have 4 people, but if it were just me and my wife, we would have taken the Spa Suit - all the perks of the Villa, and then some. you can see all the perks of a NCL Suit here

http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/pages/suitesvillasmore.php

some rooms even offer you the free alcohol in room. The suits are constantly voted the best at sea. Check out the EPIC board EVERYTHING EPIC for more details.

Archived