Pacific Sun & Pacific Dawn Both Due in Noumea Wed 28 April

am1984

With the Pacific Dawn now having a revised itinerary of Noumea & Poum it will now mean that on Wednesday 28th April the Pacific Dawn & the Pacific Sun are both scheduled for Noumea on the same day.

Pacific Sun current cruise

Auckland Sun 25 April

Noumea Wed 28 April

Lifou Thur 29 April

Isle of Pines Fri 30 April

Auckland Mon 3 May

Pacific Dawn revised current cruise

Brisbane Sun 25 April

Noumea Wed 28 April

Poum Thur 29 April

Brisbane Sat 1 May

I wonder will they change any of the above cruises or let both ships dock in Noumea on the same day? If they both dock on the same day, I guess one will get the cruise terminal & the other the container terminal.

With the Pacific Dawn now having a revised itinerary of Noumea & Poum it will now mean that on Wednesday 28th April the Pacific Dawn & the Pacific Sun are both scheduled for Noumea on the same day.

Pacific Sun current cruise

Auckland Sun 25 April

Noumea Wed 28 April

Lifou Thur 29 April

Isle of Pines Fri 30 April

Auckland Mon 3 May

Pacific Dawn revised current cruise

Brisbane Sun 25 April

Noumea Wed 28 April

Poum Thur 29 April

Brisbane Sat 1 May

I wonder will they change any of the above cruises or let both ships dock in Noumea on the same day? If they both dock on the same day, I guess one will get the cruise terminal & the other the container terminal.

The Noumean's will be working overtime, being rude to 2 ships full of passengers on the same day :)

Seriously though, it'll be a busy day there. Since it was Pacific Dawn's itinerary that changed, I guess that it'll be Pacific Dawn that goes to the container terminal.

that would be a first, I think, Icould be wrong, one would be at the main passenger wharf and one at the container wharf down the road a little way.

thied is right it would be a first for two P&O ships to be in Noumea at the same time, it will be interesting to see if it happens.

thied is right it would be a first for two P&O ships to be in Noumea at the same time, it will be interesting to see if it happens.

Pacific Star and Pacific Dawn came close on Pacific Dawn's maiden voyage. Pacific Star had to sit outside Noumea Harbour and wait for Pacific Dawn to depart before going in to the terminal.

I know P&O Ships have been there when other ships have been there, but it is indeed rare for two P&O ships to be there.

I guess by the time we have 4 ships operating it might happen more often, if not on purpose then at least when changes to the itineraries are required.

395902750_pacific_starcam.jpg.6144c7b2f6f8dc0b08fdddb41b9b50d9.jpg

Pacific Dawn from Pacific Star's webcam - Nov 2007.

Unfortunatley Thied is not right!

In march 2005 aboard Pacific Sky, due to altered schedule, we docked at container wharf, whilst P/Sun was at cruise teminal.:D

2 ships fit no trouble at all

[ATTACH]154060[/ATTACH]

Cool Shot. What's the other ship?

I think with one of the ships being Pacific Dawn, there won't be room for both at the passenger terminal - Pacific Dawn takes up most of the wharf on her own.

Christmas Cruise 2007, Pacific Dawn docked at container wharf due to Pacific Star being in port at same time.

Pacific Star had engine problems and PD actually brought in some of the parts it needed.

Theres another example of more than 1 P&O vessel in at a time.:)

The Noumean's will be working overtime, being rude to 2 ships full of passengers on the same day

Love it :D:p

What's the other ship docked there 2CtheC?

Jillybean:)

Cool Shot. What's the other ship?

I think with one of the ships being Pacific Dawn, there won't be room for both at the passenger terminal - Pacific Dawn takes up most of the wharf on her own.

Sorry for the delay, I went to bed after posting it last night.

It was in 2006, the other ship is the Paul Gauguin. They are both small ships compared to PD and PS so maybe they won't both fit.

871610519_paulgauguin.jpg.97575ec849f4e636c61bb88ee7cba15d.jpg

sorry Kiwi_cruiser it would not have mattered if I was right or wrong,( I did say I could be wrong) they would have jumped on you just for agreeing. but thanks any way

Getting a bit paranoid aren't we Thied??? :rolleyes:

From what I read above, all people did was disagree with a statement and provide some information to back their POV.

Thats what forums are about - somebody makes a statement - others disagree.

It also called life. :)

I only this Originally Posted by t1h0i8e4d viewpost.gif

that would be a first, I think, Icould be wrong, one would be at the main passenger wharf and one at the container wharf down the road a little way.

sorry Kiwi_cruiser it would not have mattered if I was right or wrong,( I did say I could be wrong) they would have jumped on you just for agreeing. but thanks any way, it would have been great, if yatchet could have got both ships in the same shot.

ps. on another note I didnt know that this is the only week ever that the 28th will go for 48 hrs, I have read that on the P&O site

I would liked to have had both ships in the pic, however it was a bit difficult as I was standing on promenade deck on p/sky when I took the shot.

It was march 2005, pic taken on 15th, buses transferred us in and out of town, it was very busy at the cruise terminal shops with two ships loaded with people.

However our ship p/sky was cactus and we all flew home aboard a chartered qantas 747.

P1030638.jpg.f0823d492988320eefd326976795aff7.jpg

I see Pacific Sun's webcam now shows enroute to Lifou. She must have left the Isle of Pines early?

Jillybean

Both the Pacific Dawn & Pacific Sun are on the move with their local time being GMT + 11hrs meaning 5.24pm for the Pacific Dawn & 5.40pm for the Pacific Sun. As expected the Pacific Sun is following a reversed schedule.

ShowImage.aspx?r=42921ShowImage.aspx?r=42922

I was just on this trip. Yes itinerary was changed around. Absolutely no notice given to cruisers until we arrived in our cabin. You cant tell me that P&O only changed the itinerary that day! A couple we spoke with had arranged to meet up with friends who live in noumea but were unable to contact their friends once they were on the ship and ended up not meeting up with their friends.

Archived