New Spirit Itineraries

purrlinda

The prices are now posted. LOL What a joke. Who do they think they are kidding? I will definitely opt out. Especially the 4/1 that goes to Ensenada. And they make you be on the ship at 7 in Cabo? No way. The prices are outrageous. I've been on Carnival, liked it, but not at that price.

Carnival will never get RCI's MR passengers with prices like this.

Gina

It's not letting me get prices only starting price......where are you getting this:confused:

The prices are now posted. LOL What a joke. Who do they think they are kidding? I will definitely opt out. Especially the 4/1 that goes to Ensenada. And they make you be on the ship at 7 in Cabo? No way. The prices are outrageous. I've been on Carnival, liked it, but not at that price.

Gina

You think that is expensive. The lowest priced interior is $569 for NINE days. I don't find that to be very expensive. It is a reasonable price.

The ship doesn't run tender service all night long.

Also pax have to be back onboard and accounted for in case the ship needs to leave (weather, emergency, etc).

Yes you have to be back. There are laws that require you to have a tourist card to stay overnight. If the weather was bad the second day you would not be able to get back on board. I just did the Cabo x 2 in March. It was great.

Candi

It looks like you can access some of the new itineraries now.

I can see the itineraries but everytime I try to click on the dates, it gives me an error message. Anyone else getting this? I would like to see what the prices are for the various cabins so I can start talking my dh into another cruise! :D;)

I can see the itineraries but everytime I try to click on the dates, it gives me an error message. Anyone else getting this? I would like to see what the prices are for the various cabins so I can start talking my dh into another cruise! :D;)

Dec. 6, Dec. 26, and Feb. 25 work. You have to click on the cruise details button to the right. If you click on the date, it will not work.

There were different ones working before, but now they aren't working. Maybe they will all be working tomorrow.

Dec. 6, Dec. 26, and Feb. 25 work. You have to click on the cruise details button to the right. If you click on the date, it will not work.

There were different ones working before, but now they aren't working. Maybe they will all be working tomorrow.

Hopefully I didn't jinx it! HAHA ;)

Thanks for the tip...off to check now :p

Gina

It doesn't look like RCI's MR got passengers with their prices either.

Been to La Paz on a HAL cruise . Very nice town but qa bit pricy . Spending 2 days in Cabo is ideal & this should be very successful . I like the new itineraries .Being we live in SD county we can get to the cruise terminal in 40 minutes by car.

One thing that Carnival should entertain is a R/T Hawaii from San Diego .I am sure that there would be a lot of takers.

Been to La Paz on a HAL cruise . Very nice town but qa bit pricy . Spending 2 days in Cabo is ideal & this should be very successful . I like the new itineraries .Being we live in SD county we can get to the cruise terminal in 40 minutes by car.

One thing that Carnival should entertain is a R/T Hawaii from San Diego .I am sure that there would be a lot of takers.

We didn't think La Paz was pricey at all, but they weren't too keen on haggling like most other Mexican ports we have been to. That being said, La Paz has been the nicest city we have visited in Mexico.

You think that is expensive. The lowest priced interior is $569 for NINE days. I don't find that to be very expensive. It is a reasonable price.

Well, they must have messed up their first price posting. I had to laugh when I saw interiors STARTING for over $1000 and suites over $2000! I double checked last night and that's what 4/1 was. It now has much lower prices.

That was weird.

Gina

How many cruise passengers have been hurt by drug violence in Ensenada?

IMHO there is a lot more direct violence toward cruise passengers in the Caribbean then in west coast Mexico resort towns.

Reading so much about the violence in Mexico. Is this happening in Puerto vallarta and Cabo, La paz....etc.

Tell me more about the violence in the Caribbean. I'm going to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk.....I always use my street smarts.....but can I feel safe taking a cab to a beach?????

Thanks

K

How long do you think that cruise would be.....2 weeks????Just curious....Would love to cruise on a R/T to Hawaii.....can't stand the thought of sitting on a plane that long from NY.

Thanks

K

How long do you think that cruise would be.....2 weeks????Just curious....Would love to cruise on a R/T to Hawaii.....can't stand the thought of sitting on a plane that long from NY.

Thanks

K

The Princess and HAL round trip cruises are 2 weeks. One stop in Mexico and 4 stops in Hawaii. I like the port calls and times in port that the Spirit does on the 12 day one way, but I also don't relish the idea of flying to or from Hawaii from this side of the country. And to make the current Spirit itinerary round trip would take probably 17 days. Not sure how that would sell.

The Princess and HAL round trip cruises are 2 weeks. One stop in Mexico and 4 stops in Hawaii. I like the port calls and times in port that the Spirit does on the 12 day one way, but I also don't relish the idea of flying to or from Hawaii from this side of the country. And to make the current Spirit itinerary round trip would take probably 17 days. Not sure how that would sell.

I just looked at the Princess itin....looks good but they dont' go in the summer.....Can't take DD out of school for 2 weeks. And I don't like to be away for christmas.

I wonder if it is typically a "rough" sailing.

K

I am excited about these new iteniraries. I hope they do them in oct and nov of 11.

I'm sort of hoping the same. Perhaps Carnival is just waiting to see how popular these new itineraries are going to be before scheduling more. I would really like to sail on one of the listed dates but they may be too soon after my September cruise for me to save the $$ so I'm thinking that if I can wait till next October, I can save up for a balcony :D

Gina

I guess I don't see where you think this is expensive. My DH and I can do early saver in a 8A for 1751 for both of us. This is a 9 day cruise. We're also looking at 4/1. I'm not excited about Ensenada either-would rather they left La Paz on this sailing.

Pat

Archived