Afternoon Tea on the Millennium

elena7seas

I noticed some questions on another thread about the offerings at Afternoon Tea, and thought I would post some pictures here on a separate thread.

I loved coming back to the ship after a long day in port and enjoying Afternoon Tea. I usually skipped lunch and this was a welcome break, as I had late seating dinner.

Everything was very fresh and tasty. The scones were nice, but unfortunately they served whipping cream instead of Devonshire cream. (Didn't stop me from eating them though!)

I didn't have Afternoon Tea on the Solstice, so don't know if it was offered or not. We did have a fabulous Brunch on Solstice though!

769730585_Q8VVC-M.jpg

769730881_2q8KK-M.jpg

769730296_YdfqC-M.jpg

769731808_eyiXL-M.jpg

769735166_S7UVd-M.jpg

769734901_vHvKG-M.jpg

769731504_nir6x-M.jpg

769732923_XsDYh-M.jpg

769732393_jq6Wf-M.jpg

769734642_KSBEw-M.jpg

769732668_NdJGz-M.jpg

769733811_bmn9d-M.jpg

And of course, there were always the warm scones with whipped cream and strawberry jam, and the platters of sliced fresh fruit. There is quite a wide selection of teas. It's really a very lovely afternoon tea break.

Wish I was back on the ship. It's almost 4:00 pm here!

In addition to the daily tea in the buffet area, they usually have an Elegant tea once a cruise in the main dining room with white gloved formal table service. If you are at the Elite Captains Club level they usually have an elegant tea in the specialty restaurant on the same day as well.

Does anyone know if they do this on any other ships? How about Solstice. Its looks awsome and I think It would be really nice after excursions.

All the Celebrity ship's we've been on have "tea" and snacks from about 4 to 5PM every day in the buffet and most of the cruises we've been on have had at least one formal elegant tea in the dining room. One or two might not have had the tea in the dining room but still had an Elite tea for higher level captains club members. If the elegant tea is important to one then I'd suggest asking your dining room Ass.t Maitre d' about it early in the cruise.

Also - if you're in a suite your butler will bring around a tea cart with a very nice selection of tea, tea sandwiches and pastries to your suite around the same time.

All the Celebrity ship's we've been on have "tea" and snacks from about 4 to 5PM every day in the buffet and most of the cruises we've been on have had at least one formal elegant tea in the dining room. One or two might not have had the tea in the dining room but still had an Elite tea for higher level captains club members. If the elegant tea is important to one then I'd suggest asking your dining room Ass.t Maitre d' about it early in the cruise.

Also - if you're in a suite your butler will bring around a tea cart with a very nice selection of tea, tea sandwiches and pastries to your suite around the same time.

Also, if you're not going to be in your suite during the time period when your Butler comes by with the tea cart, tell him your favourites, and he will leave some treats for you. (I can highly recommend any of the savouries in the little buns and the caramel chip cookies.)

It's a great pick-me up when you get back from a long day.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. Looks very nice. Extensive selection. I'm impressed. It looks better than the tea selections on my last cruise...Azamara Journey. Journey had a minimal selection of sandwiches and a few sweet items from 4 to 5 pm. It was nice, but Millenium is better. Cova Cafe had a good selection and was open most of the time.

Is there a charge for the items offered at the Cova Cafe? Pastries, coffee, etc. What else do they have?

Cova Cafe (Cafe Al Bacio on some ships) is a coffee and wine bar. The coffee they serve there is espresso based coffee including latte, cappuccino, etc. They also serve fancy coffee drinks, coffee cocktails tea and for the most part also have full bar service there (hard and soft drinks). They charge for all the beverages served there and the coffee drinks start at $4 plus gratuity for a basic espresso based coffee.

At various times during the day they have snacks including breakfast pastries in the morning, cookies and tea pastries in the afternoon and their own version of Tapas in the evening and perhaps even some sort of late night hot snacks on some ships. All of the food there is no charge and you are not required to purchase any beverage there in order to get any of the snacks there or to enjoy the area.

On some of the newer or recently remodeled ships they also have a gelateria at, or near, the Cafe Al Bacio, which charges for gelato but there is great ice cream available throughout the day for free in the buffet area too.

• 1 year later...

Oh Hurrah!

I am one of those people who really has to eat every 3 hours or so, so like Pooh, I usually have "second breakfast" and "tea" to tide me over between meals.

This sounds like a really nice way to stave off "stupid hungry", when the grey matter ceases to function well, as the limbic brain begins to growl for food!

Archived