sitka tours

jimiam

Based on the boards suggestions and opinions I have booked excursions for all Alaskan ports except Sitka.I need suggestions for shore excursions for Sitka. I like adventure and outdoor. Enjoy seeing animals as long as there are alot to see and not just isolated sightings. Thanks for your help.

If interested in puffins- this is your only opportunity on the inside passage for multi sightings. Take a boat to St. Lazaria Island. Marine wildlife tours- with the sea otters are also a given. But plenty to do on land, walking tours are excellent and easy town to get around. Request their visitor guide http://www.sitka.org

Based on the boards suggestions and opinions I have booked excursions for all Alaskan ports except Sitka.I need suggestions for shore excursions for Sitka. I like adventure and outdoor. Enjoy seeing animals as long as there are alot to see and not just isolated sightings. Thanks for your help.

Hi!

I have taken two tours - The Wildlife and Otter Quest tour and the combo Raptor Center and Nature Hike tour - and both were very enjoyable.

The scenery on the Otter Quest tour was magnificent and we saw quite a few bald eagles (a lot of these regal birds in the Sitka area), otters, sea lions, etc.

The Raptor Center was also interesting. The hike through through the park and town was more of a leisurely stroll (a nod to the age of some of the participants), but there was time to shop and see the historic downtown on our own including the Russian Orthodox Church. The park had some nice totems and salmon spawning in the river.

Have a great cruise and enjoy Sitka!

Hi!

I have taken two tours - The Wildlife and Otter Quest tour and the combo Raptor Center and Nature Hike tour - and both were very enjoyable.

Ditto on the Wildlife and Otter Quest! Depending on your port times ( you have to allow for tendering here) you can do this and spend time in town which is very walkable and easy to get around.. Locals have a shuttle if you want to buy a pass for that.. goes to Raptor Center etc.

If interested in puffins- this is your only opportunity on the inside passage for multi sightings. Take a boat to St. Lazaria Island. Marine wildlife tours- with the sea otters are also a given. But plenty to do on land, walking tours are excellent and easy town to get around. Request their visitor guide http://www.sitka.org

I would LOVE to see these! Is there a specific 'puffin tour' or are they part of another wildlife tour?

Archived