2011 Bookings!

tom_uk

I shall be the first to announce that we've got our booking for 2011: Ventura, 27 May, 17 nights to Venice including an overnight stay there. Our TA rang us this morning to say we've got the cabin we wanted. :) :) :)

Got to wait till tomorrow Wed 28th, as we're hoping to go to the Baltics on Arcadia 7th July. Will also be waiting for a phone call from our T/A to say it's booked. This will be our first cruise on P&O, previously been on Princess twice and going on RCL this october.

We got a phone call before 9.00am this morning to say we have our booking for our 21day caribbean cruise on Aurora in April next year - anyone else going????????

Yeahhhhhhhh - something to look forward to to take the edge of being 60!!!

So excited...........

Linda

My TA phoned at 9 to confirm us and friends on Azura's April short cruise next Easter and will hopefully be just as efficient tomorrow when we hope to get confirmation of a family (all adults) cruise on Oriana in June 2011.

Got to wait till tomorrow Wed 28th, as we're hoping to go to the Baltics on Arcadia 7th July. Will also be waiting for a phone call from our T/A to say it's booked. This will be our first cruise on P&O, previously been on Princess twice and going on RCL this october.

Just had confirmation of our booking for the above.......:D:D:D

Just had the call today confirming our Oriana break next June. Also made an adjustment to our allocated cabin for the Easter break and its already showing on the personalizer on the P&O site. 'Citing!

I can't belive so may people book their holidays so early. There are fantastic bargains to be had by waiting.

Unless you want a specific cabin no. or a disabled cabin or family cabin etc I would never book so early early.

Cruises rarely book up till very late. If you just want a type of cabin - inside, outside, baclony, there will be plenty left.

We are off on June 5 for under £400

I can't belive so may people book their holidays so early. There are fantastic bargains to be had by waiting.

Unless you want a specific cabin no. or a disabled cabin or family cabin etc I would never book so early early.

Cruises rarely book up till very late. If you just want a type of cabin - inside, outside, baclony, there will be plenty left.

We are off on June 5 for under £400

Plus I could never wait that long...

When Himself retires I'll join you in late booking but at the moment all holidays for the year have to be in his (and his secretary's) diary on January 1st so for a bit longer early booking is me.:)

When Himself retires I'll join you in late booking but at the moment all holidays for the year have to be in his (and his secretary's) diary on January 1st so for a bit longer early booking is me.:)

That's mine & my wife's reason as well: competitive holiday booking at both our employers. The earlier we can our dates in, the better.

It's also the case that we for our next three cruises (all booked the day bookings opened) we've got exactly what we wanted in terms of cabins (specific cabins, even!) and dinner arrangements. Plus of course the extras: OBC & free parking.

So it works for us, but I also recognise that the opposite approach works as well. Once we both retire we'll probably try late bookings.

Yes we got a call at 8.30 am to say we got our first choice of cabin and premium economy seats. I know you book at last minute but there are only 35 seats in premium economy and if we didn't get them I would not go and also the OBC thing is worth having.

I booked only a couple of weeks ago for June and had the late sitting we required.

Secondly the savings far outweigh the £80/90 for parking and OB credit.

Full price for our cruise was in the region of £800+

Had it for less than half that. But like I said, its all a matter of choice and need for some people, as they have just explained.

We are on Oriana in July, booked it about 12 months ago with free parking and OBC. The price of the cruise is now dearer even without the extra benefits, so it dosn't always work.

Having said that we want to go to the Caribbean next Feb on Azura and can't believe the price, 50% higher than we paid on Oceana Feb this year. Don't know what to do...:(

Definitely depends on the cruise. Our two cruises on Artemis, Black Sea and then Egypt - both 26 days, we definitely saved a lot by booking early. Also Free Parking, second sitting etc.

For our cruise on Azura, we could have waited, but it only went down by about £40 each and now they are back up again.

For 2011, we are going on US/Canada - there are only two ships doing the cruise and this year's are still the same price as we have paid for next year.

Definitely depends on the itinerary and the time of year. I just couldn't go at all if I didn't get second sitting. Couldn't possibly dress up for dinner at 6.30.

We tend to cruise on Princess more than P&O, but our 2011 bookings are mainly P&O... on this occasion the P&O prices were better by far, and after being stranded on Sea Pincess last week (thanks, volcano, for an extra 5 nights cruise!) I'm looking forward to nice, simple Southampton departures. Even the Ventura cruise includes charter flights direct to Barbados from Manchester - no changing at US gateways, no US immigration queues......

we've made 3 P&O bookings:

March 2011 - Oriana, to the Canaries.

Sept 2011 - Azura, France, Spain & Morocco.

Dec 2011 - Ventura, Caribbean - r/t from Barbados.

but just 1 Princess booking.

June 2011 - Grand Princess, to the Canaries.

That should be perfect - 12 weeks work then a holiday.

We loved Oriana when we took a 2 night cruise a few years ago, so it will be really nice to be back on board for a longer cruise. We've done Oceana both before and after the "elevation" programme, and noticed a distinct improvement, so Oriana should be even better than we remember.

We cruised on Grand Princess in 2008, and she was due to go into dry dock where they planned to add the Vines bar and international cafe that are featured on the newer "Gem" class ships which we also love.

Azura and Ventura seem to be based on the Princess "Gem" class, so we are confident that they will be great too.

Although we got Princess "Elite" status 16 cruises ago (with Ocean Village and P&O cruises counting towards the points) we have only just achieved Portunus "Gold" status (because P&O only honour Princess/OV nights at half value) so we are looking forward to the extra on-board perks.

Very happy that we have got our cruise booked this morning for 23/12/11 on Azura!!!! Christmas in the sun cant wait!!!

Angie

Done - Ventura 26/2/10 - Caribbean:D

To come - Oceania - 31/1/11 - Panama Canal:)

Hi all,

anyone else booked N131 Caribbean cruise,departing Dec 16th 2011 ?

Really looking forward to not being in wet ,windy wales for Xmas next yr :D

not broken it to my Mum yet that she won't see the kids over Xmas though, oops!

oh well they will have to have 2 Xmases ;)

Managed to get the cabins we wanted on both these cruise, so looks like I am sailing with Hal at Easter and Angiebabies at Xmas....

We book this early, so that I get the holidays I want at work, two cabins next to / near each other, and I would not fly to the Caribbean without Premium seating....

Archived