Smokers?

emilee

Hello, in general are there a lot of smokers on Seabourn? Does Seabourn do a good job at segregating them from non smokers? We will be on the Legend. Any complaints about the smell of smoke in your stateroom? Thanks!

We left the 'Pride' three weeks ago and we are not 'smokers'. The ship does a marvellous job and I do not recall having a problem, the only place is the Sky Bar but then it is outdoors. After many Seabourn cruises we I cannot recall smelling stale smoke in our Stateroom. We are on the 'Legend' in four weeks time. Looking forward to another great cruise.

We left the 'Pride' three weeks ago and we are not 'smokers'. The ship does a marvellous job and I do not recall having a problem, the only place is the Sky Bar but then it is outdoors. After many Seabourn cruises we I cannot recall smelling stale smoke in our Stateroom. We are on the 'Legend' in four weeks time. Looking forward to another great cruise.

I agree..the suites have never carried the aftermath of smokers. I do not enjoy the skybar..because of the smoke..but that is allowed. When we have the french balcony..I have been disturbed by cigar smokers from next door...this has happened two times.

Hello, in general are there a lot of smokers on Seabourn? Does Seabourn do a good job at segregating them from non smokers? We will be on the Legend. Any complaints about the smell of smoke in your stateroom? Thanks!

I am probably one the most anti-smokers around. I have never smoked and spent several years as Executive Director of American Heart Association. On our first cruise aboard Seabourn this past March I can share with you that at no time was smoking ever an issue. Believe me if it had been we would not have put a deposit on our next SB cruise.

Hope this helps.

Shirley

Can't comment yet on the larger ships. On Legend the only places you may notice smoke is on the starboard side of the observation lounge - it is all right so long as you can sit on the extreme port side (and there are usually only a very few smokers) and at the Sky bar, where obviously the wind can blow smoke at you a bit. I also dislike the smell, more than worrying about health problems.

We were on the Legend for 2 weeks in January. There were several smokers onboard however we avoided their areas whenever possible. There were a few who migrated to the Sky Bar to smoke and we simply sat on the opposite side. The only time we were bothered as were many others - was during one of the outdoor evening BBQ's. While we were selecting our after-dinner desserts at the buffet table, our server started to clear our table to seat four other guests who had come up to the Sky Bar to have a smoke. They completely ignored my purse which was hanging over the chair and made themselves so comfy the server seemed confused as to who should have this table?! When our party stood over them with desserts in hand, these folks reluctantly moved to the adjacent table and the two gentlemen promptly lit long cigars while the ladies smoked their cigarettes....completely disregarding the frowning glares from tables around them whereby diners were still trying to finish their dinners - smoke-free. They spoke to the server in German and blew clouds of smoke into the air as if they were completely alone.

It's not a non-smoking ship and they're entitled to their habit however a little courtesy would be common sense.

>"This link didn't work for me, but I'd love to see this thread. Can anyone help me find it?"

Sorry. I just used the forum search function and put in smoking. Long list of discussions.

Thanks everyone for your input. We will be on a med cruise in the fall and are looking forward to it. We were concerned because we just returned from a holiday at a lovely resort but they did not do a great job with respect to smoking and non smoking areas. Although they did not allow smoking in their rooms or restaurants their wasn't any designated areas in the bars or pool area.

It was my impression that Seabourn allowed only cigarette smoking in the cabins and on verandas. Although a passenger we met on Odyssey had a real issue with her next door neighbor who smoked a cigar in his cabin and the smoke migrated inti her cabin. (Perhaps Dan can comment on whether cigars and pipes are permitted in the cabins.) It is my impression, based on reading the Silverseas brochure, that they do allow cigar and pipe smoking in their cabins. If so, it is enough to discourage me from sailing with them.

It is my impression, based on reading the Silverseas brochure, that they do allow cigar and pipe smoking in their cabins. If so, it is enough to discourage me from sailing with them.

We were on SS last month -- no cigar smoking permitted in cabin or on verandah. If it would have been, my hubby would not have needed to go to the Humidor.

We are just off the Legend Iberian Spring & cigars & cigarettes are permitted on Deck 8. The cigar smokers on this trip parked themselves in the middle of the deck so those within 2 tables 360 degrees of the smokers were bound to be within their range. Cigarette smokers kept to the starboard side & were no problem at all. We were on Deck 5 & each evening there was a wisp of smoke wafting up to our stateroom - but it was not a big problem at all. No trace of prior smokers in our stateroom at all.

Archived