Freedom of the Seas' Tours: bridge, galley, etc.?

We will be on the Freedom of the Seas next June. I am wondering if there are any ship’s tours offered: bridge, galley, crew areas, engine control room, backstage in the theatre, etc. Two years ago, we were on the Norwegian Dawn and did a free tour of all the ship’s public places on embarkation day.

1) What tours are offered on the Freedom of the Seas?

2) Are they free? If not, how much are they?

3) How long do they last?

4) Are we allowed to take pictures?

5) How can we book these tours?

Thanks!

We will be on the Freedom of the Seas next June. I am wondering if there are any ship’s tours offered: bridge, galley, crew areas, engine control room, backstage in the theatre, etc. Two years ago, we were on the Norwegian Dawn and did a free tour of all the ship’s public places on embarkation day.

1) What tours are offered on the Freedom of the Seas?

2) Are they free? If not, how much are they?

3) How long do they last?

4) Are we allowed to take pictures?

5) How can we book these tours?

Thanks!

The theater backstage tour is usually offered on the last full day of the cruise, at no charge. Look for an announcement in the daily newsletter (Cruise Compass). Lat time I did this it was about 30 minutes. Pictures were allowed.

The other tours are by invitation only, usually to Diamond Plus (24 cruise credits or more) members, or other VIP's.

From what I've seen, those tours are usually exclusive to only those with a certain Crown and Anchor status. In the past they have held a bidding process in the theater prior to the show for tours of certain areas not open to the public (Bridge, galley, engine room). All the proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. They got very expensive, very quickly. I'm not sure if they are still doing that but that is the only other way that I know of to get tours without being a high ranking C&A member.

The theater backstage tour is usually offered on the last full day of the cruise, at no charge. Look for an announcement in the daily newsletter (Cruise Compass). Lat time I did this it was about 30 minutes. Pictures were allowed.

The other tours are by invitation only, usually to Diamond Plus (24 cruise credits or more) members, or other VIP's.

Thanks! I will look for this tour in the Cruise Compass.

Archived