Sprint Cell Phones - Juneau, Skagway, Ketchican

fedorad

Can anyone tell me about sprint cell phone coverage in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchican? I have nationwide no roaming. I understand that I pay extra while on the ship. Anyone know about texting charges while on the ship.

I appreciate any information you can provide. I am leaving my little one for the first time and want to be able to check-in.

Thanks!

I have Verizon and was able to use my phone just fine as soon as we were in port on the ship upper decks and in port. I saw MANY other people on their phones as well so I'm assuming Sprint customers were included in that 200-300 I saw talking to family.

Most important thing is to check and see if ALASKA is roaming, since it is USA. You should be fine and if not.... there are TONS of pay phone areas close to the dock that staff use. Just bring a $10 phone card and if you dont use it, give it to a staff member as part of their tip.

yes- sprint gives you free roaming in some parts of alaska on most plans- there should be an interactive map on their website

i just switched to Cricket, which gives unlimited calling for $30 and now covers alaska free!!!!

Check here: http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp

Not so good...

Can anyone tell me about sprint cell phone coverage in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchican? I have nationwide no roaming. I understand that I pay extra while on the ship. Anyone know about texting charges while on the ship.

I appreciate any information you can provide. I am leaving my little one for the first time and want to be able to check-in.

Thanks!

the map linked in green is sprint's native coverage NOT where they give u free roaming- that is the areas in gray..and to be exact- they have the same coverage as Verizon in Alaska- as they share cdma / 1900mhz technology- so they are roaming off the same guys..free to the customer..

for example.. Cricket uses Verizon in Alaskla, free to the customers, unlimited plan is about $100/ mo less, all in

hope this helps

Archived