Closest Beach to Dockyard

NYGirl1002

We will be spending 1 day in Bermuda with Princess at the end of May.

We will be doing Hartley's Helmet Dive at 8:45 and returning to the dockyard approximately 12:45. I would have liked to show my daughter the pink sand at Horseshoe Bay but I am worried about making it back to the ship which leaves at 5 pm.

We will be in Bermuda on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. I'm sure traffic will be a little crazy that day.

Is there a nice beach with facilities closer to the dockyard? Hopefully one with pinkish sand. This way I will not be so stressed about getting back to the Ship.

Also does the Frog and Onion serve rum swizzles or is that just the Swizzle Inn? How far is the SI from the dockyard?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Nine Beaches is closer but I don't know how pink the sand is. Church Bay is a bit closer than Horseshoe Bay but facilities are sketchy....restrooms near by if you REALLY have to go, noodle and snorkel equipment rentals, man sells basic snacks and drinks out of a cooler.

Haven't been in the Frog and Onion. SI is probably 20 minutes or so from Dockyard which puts you in the same time frame as Horseshoe Bay.

Thanks for your reply. Is Nine Beaches within walking distance from the dockyard?
Only if you consider 4 miles walking distance. The beaches there are not exactly the island's best, you really have to go to one of the south shore beaches to see the pink sand. Nine Beaches is still a lot better than Snorkel Park.

I think you guys are right. I will do Hartley's (with Ben) and then I will grab a bus (hopefully) from the dockyard to HB. We can stay an hour or so so we can see the sand and stuff, and then come back to the dockyard where we can have rum swizzles and the Frog and Onion before we board.

I think it can be done.

I think you guys are right. I will do Hartley's (with Ben) and then I will grab a bus (hopefully) from the dockyard to HB. We can stay an hour or so so we can see the sand and stuff, and then come back to the dockyard where we can have rum swizzles and the Frog and Onion before we board.

I think it can be done.

It can be done. If you are worried about the time take a taxi.

Thanks Ben. I'm really looking forward to meeting you in 3 weeks. I am so looking forward to Hartley's Helmet Dive!

Are there chairs for rent at HB?

They rent chairs at Horseshoe Bay but not sure when they start. I might not be until after Bermuda Day.

How close to the dockyard is the Frog and Onion? Is it within walking distance for someone with limited mobility? TIA....~B~

It is close to the dockyard but for someone with limited mobility, take the little train that comes right up to the ship and then stops at all the places in Kings Wharf (rumcake and glass factories, the fort and dolphin quest, the shopping "mall," Frog and Onion, the Segway rentals, and a few other places). The train is free.

If you are looking for a beach close to the ship Snorkel Park is just past the Frog and Onion- a five minute walk from the ship. It has facilities- bar, food counter, chair rental, music playing over loudspeakers. The water is calm and the snorkeling is decent if the wind is from the right direction. The sand though is white and hard.

Archived