Food, Food everywhere...but, what do you crave?

I eat a lot of Mexican food while we're in port, so that's not an issue. However, old fashioned Lay's potato chips and a cold diet Pepsi will be great! And then my wife's home-cooked fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and her homemade biscuits are out of this world.

No Sushi on board either. Im surprised no one else said they missed their sushi. :rolleyes: (real sushi, not the sushi inWJ, altho a fairly decent attempt, thats anything but sushi)

I just hadn't seen this thread yet. Yes, sushi, and sashimi. Raw fish in all its glory. And even the stuff that isn't raw - unagi, california roll, salmon skin...

Some tacos with SEASONED beef or chicken, cheese enchiladas, warm tortilla chips, HOT salsa, and REAL CHEESE queso would be fabulous! I've seen taco fixings in the afternoons in WJ, but the meat always looks watery, has no seasoning, and there are BEANS :eek: in it. The guacamole is a weird shade of green (I'm not sure that there are any avacados in it) and the "cheese" sauce is obviously some imitation stuff from a jar.

ITA....though I've never seen beans in the stuff (though I put beans in my chili at home...)

It is OK in a pinch....at least the chips and salsa, the rest of it kind of, well...blech!

And i forgot about good pizza...the stuff on the ship...well....

Although, the make your own pizza at dinner in WJ is decent..it's that Boboli crust stuff...as long as you don't pile stuff too high. If you don't spread put the toppings, nothing gets hot.....I asked the chef to send it through twice for me too, that worked.

All this talk of food...i think i need some lunch!

He's a great low fat, low salt, lower carb healthful foods cook and after a week of limited food choices on a ship (I am VERY particular), I can wait for him to whip up a batch of his specialties; salsa, parmesan and garlic flatbread, chicken and lentil soup, sage rolls, etc.

ITA....though I've never seen beans in the stuff (though I put beans in my chili at home...)

It is OK in a pinch....at least the chips and salsa, the rest of it kind of, well...blech! . . .

There were beans in the meat on Serenade. I've never seen beans in taco meat before, but maybe it was supposed to be chili - it was really thin almost like a soup. I make chili that is thick enough to eat off a plate. I don't mind beans in chili but they seemed weird in tacos.

The salsa onboard is really bland (mild version) but it's better than nothing. I don't like their chips though. They were the restaurant style but really greasy and cold. I love fried tortilla chips but they should be warm and not greasy when served. It would have been better if they provided the bagged tortilla chips like the ones they serve (used to serve?) with the chili/chorizo dip.

Hubby and I usually go out for Mexican food within a day or two of returning from a trip. I guess it tastes better if you haven't had any good Mexican food for a while. Nothing quite like queso and a strawberry daquiri after a dry spell. :D;)

warm melting chocolate cake it is to die for soooooo good, but if I am right calories are around 1500 ha ha ha. and we all know you can only get that on carnival. the love boat is pretty good also that is princess.so what is rc signature of chocolate?

The cookies that I left on the ship :D

Really, anything home-cooked (less rich).

Totally agree about the cookies! When DH and I were at the airport to go back home, I proclaimed I wanted a cookie. I'm *hopefully* going to be pregnant by the time our cruise rolls around this September, and I am really, really hoping all is going well so I can go and indulge in a couple of chocolate mudslide cookies.

Archived