Smoking: Holland America vs Celebrity

kelmac

Would you consider leaving HAL because of their Smoking Policy?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider leaving HAL because of their Smoking Policy?

• Yes, I'm a non-smoker and I may leave HAL and look at cruising Celebrity
    • Yes, I'm a smoker and I may leave HAL and look at cruising Celebrity
    • No, I'm a non-smoker and I have no plans to leave HAL for Celebrity
    • No, I'm a smoker and I have no plans to leave HAL for Celebrity

Bitte stoppen. Genug zum Thema Rauchen und Nichtrauchen. Niemand wird glücklich sein, egal, das Ergebnis.

English = Please stop. Enough on the subject of smoking and not smoking. No one will be happy, no matter the outcome.

Joanie

You're a smoker, I'm not, and I would love to cruise with you some day. Your voice of reason is a refreshing change. But I do have to disagree with you regarding not being happy...only 71 days to my next cruise, so I'm very, very happy. Regardless of the smoking policy!:p

Das ist eine gute Frage...!

"Cigar and pipesmoking is permitted in designated areas on the outside decks only." From hollandamerica.com

Does "designated areas on outside decks" include Verandah's though - that is the question...

Ach due lieber kerl, das ist eine bessere frage!;) Thanks for enlightening me; never even realized that rule existed. Based on what we're redaing on this glorious site, pipe and cigar smoking goes on all the time on the dam verandahs

You're a smoker, I'm not, and I would love to cruise with you some day. Your voice of reason is a refreshing change. But I do have to disagree with you regarding not being happy...only 71 days to my next cruise, so I'm very, very happy. Regardless of the smoking policy!:p

Waahh, Now I am unhappy!!!! LOl, I still have way over a year to wait my friend:( I'd love to cruise with you any day also!! I think we might make one heck of a pair!!!!!!!!:D

Joanie

Waahh, Now I am unhappy!!!! LOl, I still have way over a year to wait my friend:( I'd love to cruise with you any day also!! I think we might make one heck of a pair!!!!!!!!:D

Joanie

Yes, we'd be great together...but only if we could manage to keep our hands out of the door to the verandah!!:eek:

The time will fly until your next cruise.;)

Tami

Nope I had no idea that's what John calls you, but I'm just glad to know it's a nickname only, and not a statement on your condition!!! After hearing what happened to you, I can only say that I am very aware of those darn doors...and will make sure that my two teens are on this upcoming cruise as well!!

P.S. Let's keep this going...perhaps someone will complain that we're off topic and have the thread deleted!!!:p

LOL!!! GMTA!!!! I just told my hubby what we were discussing and my hopes:D

I've learned, the hard way of course, that it is ALL of us who must learn about the verandah doors... Dang Nabbit, I hate to be the poster child (er, should I say adult) for the Anti-Verandah Door though:D

Perhaps you and I can make a video on how to properly open and close a verandah door and the consequences of what happens when you do not do it properly??:D

Joanie

LOL!!! GMTA!!!! I just told my hubby what we were discussing and my hopes:D

I've learned, the hard way of course, that it is ALL of us who must learn about the verandah doors... Dang Nabbit, I hate to be the poster child (er, should I say adult) for the Anti-Verandah Door though:D

Perhaps you and I can make a video on how to properly open and close a verandah door and the consequences of what happens when you do not do it properly??:D

Joanie

Dear God, Joanie, I don't want to see the consequences of what happens when you don't do it properly. Your vivid description was more than enough for me (I never did have much of a stomach for hearing about painful experiences). But honestly, it really was a good point to make to all of us out here...and you did it in such a way that had us all laughing (if not wringing our fingers at the mere thought of it).:eek:

Tami

For anyone who is interested and is asking what the Heck are they talking about, read more here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=63763

And yes Everyone come and join us:D

Joanie

ARGHHHHH! It didn't sound any better the second time around reading it!!

Now I'm going to have to go fix myself a stiff "Skinny Pirate" (Captain Morgan and Diet Coke) just to get the picture out of my head!!:o

Tami

ARGHHHHH! It didn't sound any better the second time around reading it!!

Now I'm going to have to go fix myself a stiff "Skinny Pirate" (Captain Morgan and Diet Coke) just to get the picture out of my head!!:o

Tami

Argh!!! Matey!!

I'm in the process of re reading it now...On 9 Feb... I'm not a drinker Tami, but think I could use a shot about now;)

Joanie

Joanie

Argh!!! Matey!!

I'm in the process of re reading it now...On 9 Feb... I'm not a drinker Tami, but think I could use a shot about now;)

Joanie

Joanie

And that was my point when I started this whole thing. I'm not a smoker, but you are. You're not a drinker, but I am. We all have our vices (although some have less than others...a group to which I definitely do NOT belong!!). We don't all have to like each other...but for heaven's sake, can't we at least be civil and accept everyone's differences? Some of the snippy comments, from both smokers and non-smokers alike (and formal wear lovers and non-formal wear lovers, and open seating people and fixed seating people, etc, etc, etc) just amaze me. I haven't been on CC very long, but I've definitely noticed some posters who seem to take great pleasure in trying to demoralize or belittle other posters. Such a shame, since this is such a great place to get really valuable information, insights, and advice.

I'm sure I'll get totally flamed for this one...but that's okay. My 20 years in the Air Force have given me a really thick skin.

Tami

OWWWWWW!!!! How is your finger now? Full recovery, I hope?

Fully recovered 100%!! Just had my first manicure since then (I was to scared to have one before now) and only a tiny bit of bruising left at the tip of the nailbed. Other than that and the fact that the finger tip is a bit flattened, all is well:)

Joanie

Fully recovered 100%!! Just had my first manicure since then (I was to scared to have one before now) and only a tiny bit of bruising left at the tip of the nailbed. Other than that and the fact that the finger tip is a bit flattened, all is well:)

Joanie

ARGHHHH again. Dear Lord, Joanie, I'd say you were driving me to drink, but I'm already there!!:eek:

Joanie-

So glad to hear that you made a remarkable recovery! Hope the manicure was great. I am betting you did not paint your nails blue, purple or black!:cool:

Thanks for the update!

Tracie-Lynn

Joanie-

So glad to hear that you made a remarkable recovery! Hope the manicure was great. I am betting you did not paint your nails blue, purple or black!:cool:

Thanks for the update!

Tracie-Lynn

Tracie-Lynn, nope no garish colors for me. I am an au natural type person:)

Tami, I know what you mean. I get flamed some times, but, I've learned to roll with the punches and keep in mind that I have a very thick hide. Guess it comes from being a Railroad brat, marrying into the US Army for 24 years and just plain having to learn from the school of hard lknocks that everyone has their own opinions and we can do nothing, try as we might, to change theirs to ours.

I try my best to avoid confrontations and blow off the people who attack. It can be very difficult, but you learn.

WHERE IS MY DRINK GF???

Morale of the story is: "Body Parts DO NOT work as door stops on HAL Verandahs!!":D

Joanie

My evil plan is working. Two new pages and 21 new posts added, without even a mention of the original point of this thread (what was it, anyway??). Time for thread to be deleted???

All right you two. Knock it off. This is a SMOKING - NON-SMOKING THREAD.:D:D

The more you post the more you bump it higher, if you want to kill it just ignore it. Better than getting scolded by the powers that be.

I liked seeing the response to the poll. ;)

Ignoring it hasn't helped. It morphed into something else, even before Joanie and I started our conversation. I too thought the poll was interesting at first, but there hasn't been any real "new" information or posts in several pages. Not that I have helped...but it was certainly fun reliving Joanie's adventures with the verandah door.

Yes, Joanie had a wild adventure, I am sure many people, like myself missed it the first time around. IMHO it was well written. Probably worthy of it's own poll about how many have been injured on their cruise or bitten by the door. I had no idea the door was dangerous.:eek:

There are three threads today that discuss smoke or the lack of it, if we leave an old one up it becomes boring and people skip over it or stop the subscription. If it goes poof, it will be a matter of days before a new one with many people having to restate their point or seek out humor opportunities. Just a thought.

I think I will join you, only with a Margarita! Let the three day weekend and garage cleaning begin!:)

Archived