Queen Mary Stay Before Cruise

cccer

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about visiting the Queen Mary the morning of our cruise, but now we are thinking of staying there.

Has anyone done that and how did you like it?

I see we can take the shuttle or taxi to downtown, but are there any stores to get soda or water nearby? Any good places to eat close?

Thanks

Haven't stayed there but have been at the Maya nearby. There are NO stores in the area. There is a city shuttle bus that goes from there into the main part of Long Beach. There is one nice restaurant right across the street from the Maya. I forgot it's name but it was good.

IF you put the Queen Mary into Google you will find a map and can search nearby for restaurants.

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about visiting the Queen Mary the morning of our cruise, but now we are thinking of staying there.

Has anyone done that and how did you like it?

I see we can take the shuttle or taxi to downtown, but are there any stores to get soda or water nearby? Any good places to eat close?

Thanks

I have stayed there once...and it was many years ago...but I was not all that impressed...Rooms are the old cabins, so they are somewhat small...and old...And it really doesn't have the feel of staying in a new, modern hotel...I prefer the Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance or Avia...

The reason one would stay there is for the curiousity factor, the historical context, etc. To be able to say that one has stayed on the Queen Mary...To get into the "theme" of cruising...

Most of the restaurants, shops, etc. are across the channel in Downtown...it's not that hard to get to them using the free "Passport" shuttle...Lots of restaurants in Long Beach...one of my personal picks is "Parker's Lighthouse"...pretty good seafood in an incredible restaurant location--on a point in the harbor in a lighthouse building with great views...But there are also a number of other choices in the area...

Have fun...

we talked to one couple on our cruise in Jan--they stayed there and did not recommend it...rooms were small, no room for luggage--it was not a comfortable night. they recommended just visiting the queen mary...

The rooms are the original cabins on the ship--which are much smaller than today's. However, it is a very historical site and you will be able to pick it out in today's TV shows that show a long shot of a new cruise ship and then do the taping on the QM. Food on the QM is pricey--but I think you can buy a package that includes breakfast.

The nearby restaurant referred to in an earlier post is The Reef.

Downtown at third and Pine is a WalMart--can get close using the free in downtown Passport bus.

Archived