Excuses?

lrtjs5

On our 7th Carnival cruise on the Triumph the first week of April my husband and I went to the "future cruise" talk. We received and invitation that said prizes would be given away. The talk was so boring with the person giving it stuttering around and seemed very unprepared. She showed a few slides of the Dream and talked about some new upcoming itenaries that did sound interesting. It lasted about 15 minutes. When someone asked about the prizes she said that was a "misprint" I thought this was pretty lame even though I know the prize would have been very insignificant. We also missed the Captain's Welcome Party that they have had on the other ships.

We love Carnival and this really surprised me that they would just say a "misprint" and not care at all.

On our 7th Carnival cruise on the Triumph the first week of April my husband and I went to the "future cruise" talk. We received and invitation that said prizes would be given away. The talk was so boring with the person giving it stuttering around and seemed very unprepared. She showed a few slides of the Dream and talked about some new upcoming itenaries that did sound interesting. It lasted about 15 minutes. When someone asked about the prizes she said that was a "misprint" I thought this was pretty lame even though I know the prize would have been very insignificant. We also missed the Captain's Welcome Party that they have had on the other ships.

We love Carnival and this really surprised me that they would just say a "misprint" and not care at all.

Sounds like you had a real MENSA member running your talk. Very unfortunate. I'd chalk it up to the actions of an individual rather than a reflection on Carnival as a whole.

Triumph just got someone onboard, at least we know for sure someone is now onboard Triumph, as people have been asking. She probably is so new, that she hasnt gotten the talk down pat, not that Conquest guy was a lot smarter about booking questions, but he could run the talk and make you want to go to Alaska.

You didnt miss the welcome back party, since its now only $1 off drinks, and was replaced with the farewell party, the last day.

Yes, I knew they didn't have it like usual, I meant we missed not having it. Was the farewell party late at night? I don't remember it at all. Guess I am just a creature of habit. Everything had been almost the same on all my Carnival cruises and this one had several things different that I assumed were made to cut cost. I did really like one change though, not having to take the life jacket to the muster station! lol

Triumph just got someone onboard, at least we know for sure someone is now onboard Triumph, as people have been asking. She probably is so new, that she hasnt gotten the talk down pat, not that Conquest guy was a lot smarter about booking questions, but he could run the talk and make you want to go to Alaska.

You didnt miss the welcome back party, since its now only $1 off drinks, and was replaced with the farewell party, the last day.

One small correction.

it is the Captain's Party that has the $1 discounts on drinks...

the "welcome back" (Repeater's .... Past Cruisers what ever people want to call it) still has free drinks.....

We went to the future cruise talk on the Splendor a couple of weeks ago and the prizes were given away during trivia questions. They gave out a few bottles of champagne, some laynards, etc.

I had a feeling that the girl who did ours really didn't know what she was doing as she was very new to the jop. There were no trivia questions asked either.

Archived