Powerstrip Solutions

denisey

I'm just waiting for the day that I download my 14 year old son's pictures - and find a lot of bikinis. Luckily he hasn't hit that stage yet. :o

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Don't know how to pull part of a post to quote so this is the best I can do. I had to laugh at this last part. My son was 14 and we let him go off on his own for one of the deck parties. We have him on CD and he was shown on TV the next day - he was doing the congo dance between two of the most well built, gorgeous women on the ship - the look on his face was pure ecstacy - we laugh at it to this day - it was his day of enlightenment. Anything can happen at 14 and usually does but not to worry - our son was just happy to a part of it all. They offered him booze after that and he said "I am only 14, are you crazy" - got to love him.

I'm just waiting for the day that I download my 14 year old son's pictures - and find a lot of bikinis. Luckily he hasn't hit that stage yet. :o

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Don't know how to pull part of a post to quote so this is the best I can do. I had to laugh at this last part. My son was 14 and we let him go off on his own for one of the deck parties. We have him on CD and he was shown on TV the next day - he was doing the congo dance between two of the most well built, gorgeous women on the ship - the look on his face was pure ecstacy - we laugh at it to this day - it was his day of enlightenment. Anything can happen at 14 and usually does but not to worry - our son was just happy to a part of it all. They offered him booze after that and he said "I am only 14, are you crazy" - got to love him.

Love it!

I'm wondering how I'm going to plug in my George Forman grill? After I catch the fish off of my balcony I need somehow to cook them.:confused:

Bill

But where am I going to plug in my crockpot for baked beans or lil'smokies to go with the fish?? :confused::rolleyes:

We never had a problem with NCL,..we don't have much to charge just the camcorder battery and digital camera battery..so 2 outlets should be enough for us.

Do the cabins on the Dream at least have 2?

I also have a Flipvideo which I charge with my laptop..I might have to get the USB/wall plug adapter...or when the battery runs out the room on my Flip probably runs out too...so, again,...nothing to worry about...hm, I wonder if the internet stations & fun hubs around the ship have USB ports..or are they monitors only??

I am trying to understand what all has be plugged in at the same time. I talked to my BFF who is going on the cruise with me and she for the life of her doesnt know why I would need a power strip. I am bringing an extension cord - but now I am trying to justify a power strip. All I have to plug in nightly is my Battery Operated Fan ;) and my battery charger for my camera and thats about it. I guess if all 4 of us need to charge our battieres at the same time a strip would come in handy but I wonder if one of those multi -plugs would work as well and not cause as much drama? I think I might leave the strip at home and take my chances with my extension cord and multi plug and hope they dont get confiscated.

honestly, people, is it necessary to use everything at the exact same time??????

We have battery operated speaker we use for the iPod out on our balcony. We turn the phones off and put them in the safe until we are in port. We will charge on on the last night to use for an emergency when we are traveling home. That's one hour on the outlet.

We do use the iPod a lot now, so that will get plugged in to charge at night before bed. Still only one outlet in use.

If you must use your own blow dryer, you will use that and then put it away. Still only one outlet in use.

A battery operated travel alarm is $6 at Target. No outlets in use.

Even if you have to charge a laptop, that's one outlet in use.

We do the same thing as you do. We used to bring a triple outlet adapter for our cameras, but soon realized it wasn't necessary.

I bought a GE camera that takes AA batteries that last about 2-4 days, depending how many pix I take or leave the camera on. The battery for my other camera wouldn't hold a charge for a full day.

Well. I for one am making about 3 calls during the cruise back to DD at college andat least one of those calls will be from Port Canaveral when I am far away from the ship so as to not deal with any issues regarding their satellite and the related costs.

The kids will just take turns chargin their Ipods and cameras and I would not lug my laptop anyway. Just have much crap do we need to charge anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

We found that our notebook charger would not pug into the one and only power outlet because the countertop was too close to it. So, I bought one of these short 3-pronged extension cords to use.

380765.jpg

We had the same problem - one of our chargers would not fit (hit the desk top). This looks like a great solution. Does anyone know if the outlets are 3 pronged that this extension will fit?

How about one of these ? I'm guessing it would be confiscated if they saw it but it's so small, I can't imagine it would be detected ??

I can see it now - a whole new thread on smuggling - not alcohol this time - power strips !

powercube.jpeg

54185webd2.jpg

HMMM

The problem usually arises when we are all getting ready. One person will want to use a curling iron while the other wants a straightener, or someone wants to use their own blow dryer, not the ships.

This more then anything would be why Carnival wants to ban the things. That is a hell of a lot of juice to try and pull over a single circuit.

All this demand gives me a business idea...

NutsAboutGolf's 7 night rentals of a CPAP machine rentals including powerstrip and extension cord! Hair straighteners and irons until your heart desires! You can even experience the misery of the CPAP machine yourself! :D

[quote name='bankerbabe']

I'm just waiting for the day that I download my 14 year old son's pictures - and find a lot of bikinis. Luckily he hasn't hit that stage yet. :o[/quote]
Just wait until he discovers the topless deck! You will need a second media card and plenty of spare batteries for the camera when that happens.:D

Archived