Which Cruise Line will U switch to because no RCCL out of LA to Mexico?

:mad:Alot of us are mad so which cruise line will you switch to when you want to cruise 7 days to Mexico from the west coast?
I expect at some point before fall 2011 they'll be announcing at least seasonal Mexican Riviera cruises. I wouldn't want to do one between April/May and October/November anyway, too hot.

At least that's my hope. I am thinking of this past winter's Radiance's 10 & 11 day Mexican Riviera sailings out of San Diego. While I realize that the Radiance is already slated for another port, I am hopeful that RC will plan something similar next winter? I hope I hope.....

:mad:Alot of us are mad so which cruise line will you switch to when you want to cruise 7 days to Mexico from the west coast?

None i cruised on the Mariner last September so i have fulfilled my Mexican Riveria fix.

We've cruised the MR 3 times so far, Baja more times than I care to count. We had decided before we ever set foot on Mariner last week that it would be our last MR cruise. At least that is what we are saying now.

I guess if we had a cruise with different ports other than the typical Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta we may consider it again. I've heard that HAL does cruise the Sea of Cortez at times.

For us, we'd rather head north or to Europe, Hawaii, we may even try the Caribbean finally.

So my vote at this moment would have to be: none of them. But you just never know ;) I think if we had to make a choice, it would have to be either Princess or HAL.

We have 54 cruises on RCI so far. But, since there are no more cruises from the west coast (LA or SD) we will probably switch to Princess. We are Elite on Princess so we'll be taken care of. But I will miss our family of RCI cruisers we've known over the years. :(

• 4 weeks later...

I also posted this on another thread about West Coast cruising without the Mariner:

I'm back from cruising to Mexico on Princess, right after cruising on the Mariner in February to the same ports. Princess is a pretty good substitute, but not as good as the Mariner. It's a very nice ship, but the Sapphire is much narrower than the Mariner, so the hallways and outside decks aren't nearly as wide.

The food was good, but the layout and traffic flow in the Horizon buffet was really bad. Very small for over 2,600 passengers. We were quite disappointed in this. Standing in line to get into the buffet for breakfast makes for cranky passengers in the morning.

We found there are a few food items areas where RCCL is MUCH better. Princess served very few sauces with their entrees, and when they do the portions are skimpy. DH had to ask for extra sauces every night. The soups and salad dressings are really blah; RCCL usually has terrific soups and a much larger selection of salad dressings. RCCL has much better desserts, too.

Now, these may sound like subjective comments, but we spent 53 nights on a RCCL shlp from March 2009 to February 2010 on 4 different ships, so I think what I'm saying comes from a good comparison.

We will not go on Princess again, because we eat breakfast and lunch in the buffet. But, if these things I've mentioned above aren't that important to you, then it was a very nice ship, great staff, excellent service, and lovely ports.

The weather was spectacular in the first part of May.

I also posted this on another thread about West Coast cruising without the Mariner:

I'm back from cruising to Mexico on Princess, right after cruising on the Mariner in February to the same ports. Princess is a pretty good substitute, but not as good as the Mariner. It's a very nice ship, but the Sapphire is much narrower than the Mariner, so the hallways and outside decks aren't nearly as wide.

The food was good, but the layout and traffic flow in the Horizon buffet was really bad. Very small for over 2,600 passengers. We were quite disappointed in this. Standing in line to get into the buffet for breakfast makes for cranky passengers in the morning.

We found there are a few food items areas where RCCL is MUCH better. Princess served very few sauces with their entrees, and when they do the portions are skimpy. DH had to ask for extra sauces every night. The soups and salad dressings are really blah; RCCL usually has terrific soups and a much larger selection of salad dressings. RCCL has much better desserts, too.

Now, these may sound like subjective comments, but we spent 53 nights on a RCCL shlp from March 2009 to February 2010 on 4 different ships, so I think what I'm saying comes from a good comparison.

We will not go on Princess again, because we eat breakfast and lunch in the buffet. But, if these things I've mentioned above aren't that important to you, then it was a very nice ship, great staff, excellent service, and lovely ports.

The weather was spectacular in the first part of May.

I appreciate your coming back with the review. ;)

I have been looking at the Carnival ships because we always sail in September and so far they are it from what I can see.

We sailed Carnival years ago so maybe it is time we see what it looks like again. :eek: :D

I have yet to book it, but I am very tempted. I am totally disappointed in the itineraries that we have with RCCL sailing from the US ports this year.

(except San Juan and Alaska)

Price wise because my wife and I are still young, I would probably switch to Carnival. Not because i want to, I much rather prefer RCCL from everything I have been told from friends and family and from what I have seen online but I like being able to cruise out of LA or SD, somewhere close to home and not spend a ton of money doing so. I guess i will just have to see what happens. I hope that RCCL will release some sort of cruise that does the mexican riviera for 2011 though.

NONE?? I have already done Splendor, didn't love it, just ok. Not really ready to try Princess. Will NOT step foot on NCL, even though I heard they are leaving the west coast as well. So I guess those are my choices. My next cruise will be RCI but unfortunately to my pocket book out of a different port.

Archived