Just received the Azamara brochures!

Zoolander

This is just a comment.:)

Not a mean one.:mad:

Just an observation.;)

We booked our cruise for this up coming August months and months ago.

We asked for a brochure.

It didn't arrive.

I called again.

It didn't arrive.

I called again.

It didn't arrive.

(Three calls in a two month period, I would say)

Anyway...

(I e-mailed them once for a little more clarification)

I just received my Azamara Brochure.

ALL THREE OF THEM (the same one, three times, over a two day period).

And... I think they were sent next day air.:eek:

Beyond that... we are really looking forward to our cruise with A. But, I have no idea why this little mix up can even occur with all of the technology that is available.

Just a side note. The brochures are beautifully done, but I am not sure why they went with the size that they did. It is VERY difficult to catalog away.

Personally, I like what Oceania does with their brochures. It seems like a pretty good blue print to follow. IMHO.;)

But i live in hope

You do. I have been there. It's just north of Chilliwack, BC Canada. You should change your profile then. It says you live in Britain. :D

BTW: Maybe Zoolander could send you one of his. He has three.

Pretty pictures, not much content. I got the brochure after I sailed. I guess that was my welcome home gift. They obviously spenta lot making the brochure. It's a shame that they send it out after the cruise. Azamara missed the mark with the new brochure. I agree. Oceania does it better. Brochures are critical in selling travel. Pictures of destinations are lovely, but people really want to see the ship and have cruise prices for the entire cruise, not one night at a time. The brochure pictures are gorgeous...so gorgeous that you may want to skip the ship and stay at the destination. My next vacation is not a cruise. However, it is one of the destinations pictured in the brochure.

Brochures are critical in selling travel.

I think they are a bit overrated with so much information available on line. I receive brochures from a few cruise lines. Cunard sends them on a frequent basis ...they are nice to look at, but the brochures haven't convinced us to cruise with Cunard again.

It seems that most here who are anxious for the brochure have already booked their cruises with Azamara.

I'm a little puzzled by the hype over wanting them, and the criticism once they are received.:confused:

Well, I think I stand alone on this...

and I have no problem admitting

We like our brochure, I love how the encouraged students to go wild on the photos...it's a brochure designed to inspire you to go to a destination and see for yourself WHERE the picture was taken.

I really liked the Cruise Itinerary Calendar that was an insert..it allows me to figure out the back to back options instead of being online flipping through each month and lining up an itinerary.

It's not designed to be put away in drawer..it's designed to be out on a desk or table..for someone to pick up and take notice another aspect of it being oversized.

You put the Cruise Itinerary Calendar and other inserts in the file folder drawer.

I never expected rates to be included, because I thought everyone knows that brochure rates are NEVER accurate rates on any cruiseline

I actually just got mine as well (been asking since January- at least 5 different times told "it is in the mail", been booked for 10 months- just happy we got it before we left for the cruise.) Pictures in it are beautiful. I liked that they used art students. I would have preferred a more standard size, but I'm a fan of traditional brochures. Good luck- just keep calling and asking, it's the only way we got ours!

It would be nice to see one to be able to form my own opinion! Has anyone in the UK received one yet?

Sue

Sue, I have been on at my TA since I booked around three months ago for April 2011. I eventually got a brochure........that expires in December 2010!:eek: One of the current, not the new.

David

Well, I think I stand alone on this...

and I have no problem admitting

We like our brochure, I love how the encouraged students to go wild on the photos...it's a brochure designed to inspire you to go to a destination and see for yourself WHERE the picture was taken.

I really liked the Cruise Itinerary Calendar that was an insert..it allows me to figure out the back to back options instead of being online flipping through each month and lining up an itinerary.

It's not designed to be put away in drawer..it's designed to be out on a desk or table..for someone to pick up and take notice another aspect of it being oversized.

You put the Cruise Itinerary Calendar and other inserts in the file folder drawer.

I never expected rates to be included, because I thought everyone knows that brochure rates are NEVER accurate rates on any cruiseline

I am missing something here. The brochure that I received is a tiny 5.5 x 8.5" pamphlet that says "explore, dream, discover" or the cover and inside "engage, delight, savor, and renew" (with at least the savor and renew part coming from Celebrity). I thought I had the brochure being discussed but I guess not.

Meanwhile, SilverSea sent me a huge package with beautiful 9 x 11 brochure which is 3/8" thick.

I am missing something here. The brochure that I received is a tiny 5.5 x 8.5" pamphlet that says "explore, dream, discover" or the cover and inside "engage, delight, savor, and renew" (with at least the savor and renew part coming from Celebrity). I thought I had the brochure being discussed but I guess not.

Meanwhile, SilverSea sent me a huge package with beautiful 9 x 11 brochure which is 3/8" thick.

No- the new Azamara brochure is huge- 17" x 11", 36 pages. The front cover has a back ground of sun reflecting off water and the Azamara Club Cruises logo. There are 5 cut out circles on the right hand side, each containing a word that is the theme for a section of the brochure. From top to bottom they are: see, savor, listen, touch and breathe. The inside back cover has a large pocket for foldouts- they sent one titled "Deck Plans, Floor Plans and Amenities" one "About Your Voyage" and one "2010/2011 Itineraries". The big brochure is beautiful- lots of amazing photos, but not much information. Kind of a big commercial. The foldouts have the real information and are far more useful. Just imagine taking a more traditional cruise brochure and dividing it in half. One half has all the pictures and flowery speech, but no specifics, the second half has all the information and graphs, but no pictures or hype. That's kind of what you get.

No- the new Azamara brochure is huge- 17" x 11", 36 pages. The front cover has a back ground of sun reflecting off water and the Azamara Club Cruises logo. There are 5 cut out circles on the right hand side, each containing a word that is the theme for a section of the brochure. From top to bottom they are: see, savor, listen, touch and breathe. The inside back cover has a large pocket for foldouts- they sent one titled "Deck Plans, Floor Plans and Amenities" one "About Your Voyage" and one "2010/2011 Itineraries". The big brochure is beautiful- lots of amazing photos, but not much information. Kind of a big commercial. The foldouts have the real information and are far more useful. Just imagine taking a more traditional cruise brochure and dividing it in half. One half has all the pictures and flowery speech, but no specifics, the second half has all the information and graphs, but no pictures or hype. That's kind of what you get.

Hi Everyone !

Just as an FYI, Azamara now has 2 versions. I recieved the larger one, and a relative recently recieved the smaller brochure.

I am going to get two of my three brochures to my TA. Trying to help with Azamara's bottomline!:o

Susan M: I was thinking... I don't know if I have ever booked a cruise because of a brochure, but the brochure has made all of the difference in the world concerning the quality of the cruise.

I am sure people who like to read books on their Kindle may agree with you on the info on a website. But... I would not.

In my opinion it is much easier, and far more efficient to get comfortable with a specific cruise and cruise line by looking at a brochure, not a website.:D By the time I get on the cruise I have to ask very few questions on where things are and how things are done... and that is how I like it. Going page to page on a website is NOT the same as flipping through a nicely done brochure. Hmmm. Guess this is why ALL of the top quality magazine companies are NOT out of business.

I actually ordered the brochure because I thought the site was lacking some important info concerning the cruise, specifically ports, which the brochure did NOT cover at all.

Either way... I would say that Regent, Oceania, Celebrity, Silver Sea and Disney have a much better brochure than Azamara. Odd, as the Celebrity brochures seem to be much more informative than Azamara.:confused:

In my opinion it is much easier, and far more efficient to get comfortable with a specific cruise and cruise line by looking at a brochure, not a website.:D

I can relate to the importance of printed material ... I read books in print rather than on a kindle, and subscribe to magazines. However, Azamara has great photos in their virtual tour on line, and that, along with deck plans, and state room descriptions gives you a very good feel for the ship. For those who haven't received a brochure yet, it's worth looking at: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do;jsessionid=0000O4MrAdOjzPyUhFV9Diwrj27:12odmems6?shipCode=QS

You can view it in video and/or in pictures.

I can relate to the importance of printed material ... I read books in print rather than on a kindle, and subscribe to magazines. However, Azamara has great photos in their virtual tour on line, and that, along with deck plans, and state room descriptions gives you a very good feel for the ship. For those who haven't received a brochure yet, it's worth looking at: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do;jsessionid=0000O4MrAdOjzPyUhFV9Diwrj27:12odmems6?shipCode=QS

You can view it in video and/or in pictures.

I love real books and I love my kindle! All I can say that, before we cruised on Quest, we spent a lot of time looking at the website and immediately knew our way around our suite and the ship as soon as we went on board!

Sue

Archived