Current captain/CD/Hotel director ?

rubens

This kind of thread is very popular on other cruise lines forums but I don't see anything like this for Azamara.

The purpose is to find out who the current ones are .:confused:

Probably only people who cruised recently will be able to answer this and I hope they will do so. With only 2 ships this must not be difficult to do:o

So, just fill in and if known put when he/she will go on holiday/return or replaced by?

Journey:

Captain ?

CD ?

Hotel Director ?

Quest:

Captain ?

CD ?

Hotel Director?

Let's start :)

Thanks Linda-E for this info.

It would be great if someone can post the Quest names.

Hopefully this thread will be kept updated.

Just copy and paste herunder and fill in in a new post:

Journey: (as of 4/25/10)

Captain: Georges Theodorus

CD: Tony Markey

Hotel Director: Heike Berdos

Quest:

Captain ?

CD ?

Hotel Director?

• 2 weeks later...

Journey: (as of 4/25/10)

Captain: Georges Theodorus

CD: Tony Markey

Hotel Director: Heike Berdos

Quest: (as of 5/3/10)

Captain : Carl Smith

CD : John Howell

Hotel Director?

please ammend when needed

I will be so sorry if John is no longer with either Azamara or Celebrity - we have cruised several times with him both on Celebrity and Azamara and have found him the ultimate professional and always visible. Are we sure this is a permanent move as he was due to go on vacation soon and in the past he has done a stint in HO from time to time before returning to the ships

• 2 weeks later...

Many of us are so disappointed that 'our' Eric de Gray is jumping ship from Seabourn. On the other hand, it's a reason to try Azamara. And we know you all will really enjoy him, his shows are fabulous.

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Carl Smith left the Quest in Athens on 3 May when Captain Leif Karlsson took over. CD John Howell also left the Quest on 3 May. For the next cruise to Rome Kelsey took over the role but always introduced herself as Activities Manager. Philip Herbert was Hotel Director throughout our b2b

I'm pretty sure that most of the senior staff rotate between contracts and tours from one ship to another. Philip Herbert left the Journey earlier this year and returned to the Quest after his vacation.

• 2 weeks later...
On board with me now from 20/6/10 - 2/7/10

Captain Leif Karlsson

Hotel Manager: Philip Herbert

Cruise Director: Russ Thomas Grieve

Many thanks for posting this information.

Still no names for Journey ??

Anybody who recently stayed on Journey ?

Captain Carl Smith is the best of the best. I hope he is back on the quest for our 3/17/2011 sailing

So we have heard many times but no one should be disappointed if Leif Karlsson is their captain rather than Carl Smith.

Sue

We were on the Journey May 23-June 6, Barcelona to Copenhagen.

New Captain (taking over the end of June)- Johannes Tysse

Hotel Director- Heike

Cruise Director- Tony Markey- now on leave and Eric Le Gray (sp?) taking over

We just got off the quest, June 10 through June 20 and Philip Herbert as the Hotel Director did a fantastic job; Azamara is so lucky to have him. Cruise Director Russ Grieve was also great at making you feel welcome. It was a wonderful cruise - I can't wait to start planing another one.

We just got off the quest, June 10 through June 20 and Philip Herbert as the Hotel Director did a fantastic job; Azamara is so lucky to have him. Cruise Director Russ Grieve was also great at making you feel welcome. It was a wonderful cruise - I can't wait to start planing another one.

We had sailed with Philip Herbert and his wife when they were with Crystal Harmony (when Crystal had 3 ships.) Nice to hear that he continues to shine

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that Philip does not leave the Quest before we sail on July 24th. He is the best!!! In all our travels, we have never encountered anyone in the hospitality industry that measures up to him. We met him on the Journey last June during Azamara's initial sailing to Iceland. We could never figure out when the man slept as he was always up and about. He has such a wonderfully sincere and caring demeanor.

i hope that philip does not leave the quest before we sail on july 24th. He is the best!!! In all our travels, we have never encountered anyone in the hospitality industry that measures up to him. We met him on the journey last june during azamara's initial sailing to iceland. We could never figure out when the man slept as he was always up and about. He has such a wonderfully sincere and caring demeanor.

i agree!!

Phil is truly a class act and a great asset to the Azamara team - an absolute gem! The Guest Relations staff under the direction of Philip Herbert also deserve kudos. Liesl and Rozanne are also amazing. As is Russ Grieve the CD - totally engaging and fun.

Archived