OBC timeline for summer cruises

vacruisin

Ok. I keep reading how all these lucky cruisers are getting huge amounts of OBC and I'm happy for them but I can't help but be a little jealous! :( We booked a 8D room for our upcoming 3 July cruise at the ES rate. Final payment was due on 19 April and at that time we thought that would probably be when we'd start to see price drops. Well, our category has gone up $50/pp since we booked and it's stayed steady at that rate! :eek: I am thinking that we may not get any OBC due to this being a cruise over the 4th of July therefore the boat will probably be full. From your experiences, is there likely a chance that we'll get some kind of OBC for a 4th of July cruise? This will be our 4th cruise and we've never seen any kind of OBC. Just would like to experience it once in our cruising life!

Not likely if your price went up the ship is probably almost full. I always get OBC on every cruise through my travel agent --she gives us OBC for every room we book on every different ship --an incentive to keep us coming back to her. Next time book through a TA and ask them what they can do for you.

I really don't think the price will drop- with schools being out and most folks wanting to get away- it's a matter of supply and demand!! Believe me, I have been keeping my eye out for any hint of a drop- we cruise in August. If anything- it just keeps going up and up....:(

Then throw in a nice holiday like 4th of July and the price will jump up even more, IMO!!! (although I am curious as to what activities will be offered while away- since 4th of July is an American holiday and I can't imagine other countries shooting off fireworks or throwing a party to help celebrate it!:D)

But- here's to hoping the OBC fairy visits you- and if she does, be sure to give her my name! ;)

Our friends did Fantasy last summer on July 4th weekend, and changed to ES before it dissapeared .. and they DID get a last minute price drop and OBC for their July 4th cruise last year.

So...there's still hope, Vacruizin!!!!! :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

I really don't think the price will drop- with schools being out and most folks wanting to get away- it's a matter of supply and demand!! Believe me, I have been keeping my eye out for any hint of a drop- we cruise in August. If anything- it just keeps going up and up....:(

Then throw in a nice holiday like 4th of July and the price will jump up even more, IMO!!! (although I am curious as to what activities will be offered while away- since 4th of July is an American holiday and I can't imagine other countries shooting off fireworks or throwing a party to help celebrate it!:D)

But- here's to hoping the OBC fairy visits you- and if she does, be sure to give her my name! ;)

Thanks for the sympathy and well wishes...we're keeping our fingers crossed too. As I've stated before, we've never had OBC before and somehow we still managed to have a great time on our cruises so we'll just probably have a couple of extra DODs to drown out our "sorrows"! :D

We were on the Destiny last year on the 4th and there really wasn't anything special going on. Just the usual deck party with lots of fun to be had!

And if the OBC fairy does visit, I'll highly recommend that she/he give you a visit also! :)

Not likely if your price went up the ship is probably almost full. I always get OBC on every cruise through my travel agent --she gives us OBC for every room we book on every different ship --an incentive to keep us coming back to her. Next time book through a TA and ask them what they can do for you.

Kat, I've heard a few people debate the pros and cons of using a TA. We've never used one for any travel but maybe we'll consider looking into one at some point. I don't think that'll wash with DW though, she prides herself on being a great planner (which she definitely is). I think it'd get vetoed if I every suggested using a TA. :eek:

You know I'm that way too --plan every trip we take to every last detail but then I tried a TA for the cruise after I decided everything I wanted such as when, what cruise, what deck, etc. told her everything I wanted she then came back with everything as I asked for and on board credits plus even wine packages (ON RCI). It doesn't hurt to have your DW do all the planning of what she wants and then just check with some agents or the blanket website where agents get in touch with you to get you exactly what you want (don't think i can give out that website on here) our TA even watches price drops and called me last month with a drastic drop & it was before final payment so we got the reduced price too. You can still plan it all and have TA make the arrangements --give it a thought it may work out for you!! Have a great trip!!

You know I'm that way too --plan every trip we take to every last detail but then I tried a TA for the cruise after I decided everything I wanted such as when, what cruise, what deck, etc. told her everything I wanted she then came back with everything as I asked for and on board credits plus even wine packages (ON RCI). It doesn't hurt to have your DW do all the planning of what she wants and then just check with some agents or the blanket website where agents get in touch with you to get you exactly what you want (don't think i can give out that website on here) our TA even watches price drops and called me last month with a drastic drop & it was before final payment so we got the reduced price too. You can still plan it all and have TA make the arrangements --give it a thought it may work out for you!! Have a great trip!!

Kat, that's definitely something to think about. Thanks for the great advice....you enjoy your cruise as well.

Thanks to all for the info.

I am interested if anyone has an answer to the OP question about how close to sail date the prices might start to drop if the cruise is not selling. I am booked on Destiny 6/14/10, cat 6C, and there are lots of cabins still available.

So, if anyone who was fortunate enough to get a price drop, how long before sail date did it happen?

I am interested if anyone has an answer to the OP question about how close to sail date the prices might start to drop if the cruise is not selling. I am booked on Destiny 6/14/10, cat 6C, and there are lots of cabins still available.

So, if anyone who was fortunate enough to get a price drop, how long before sail date did it happen?

There is no specific answer to your question.....there is no real rhyme or reason or timeline when and if rate reductions will occcur other than possibly after final payment seems to be if and when it will occur. Best method is to keep a close eye out on those rates and jump quickly if you see a lower fare that you qualify for !

Archived