Island Princess BD balcony rooms....

wrkfire911

anyone ever stay in room c637 ? 1st cabin on the bumpout aft. I'm looking for pics of this cabin or any category BD. It appears that the entrance to the bathroom is within what looks to be a walk in closet. (that's what it looks like on the ships diagram)

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that?? and also what type of sink "space" there is in there-some ships have a nifty little shelf underneath the sink for things to be placed..this would be so nice!!

Thanks For all Help!!

We had cabin A226 (cat. BC) on the Coral in 03. I believe it's the same configuration as the "B" category cabins on the Island. I think I'd describe the bathroom as being directly across from the large, open closet rather than in it. That little golden colored square thing in the cabin diagrams by the closet and the bathroom entrance is a nice built in set of drawers. There is also drawer space in the desk/vanity and the night stand.

There are built-in shelves in the bathroom, but if I remember correctly they're along the side of the sink on the wall. It was a very handy place to store most of our bathroom necessities, although I also used the removable caddy from my carry on. I think there is also a shelf under the sink. I remember that there was a wastepaper basket down there. Sorry for the "foggy" memory, but I've been on the Grand and Carnival Inspiration since the Coral.

The shower on the Coral was the smallest we've had. I got "goosed" fairly often by the shower curtain... and I'm a fairly small person (size 4-6). I learned to stand as far into the shower as I could to keep the curtain from getting "too friendly"

When are you sailing on the Island? We're booked to go back to Alaska on her this June. This time we booked a BA on Caribe. We want to see how we like the bigger balcony, and didn't want to be right under Horizon Court like we were on the Coral. (It was quite handy for grabbing snacks, but they move the furniture around late at night in there.)

Shae

Iris,

We are booked for April 19th 16 night Hawaii R/T from LA. Our first time with Princess and 7th cruise for me. I think my right leg is a size 4-6 and it won't be the first time but I anticipate "issues" with the shower curtain HA I would still love to nab some pics of that specific category room and bath.

Maybe I should try a bar of soap and a razor at the pool? LMAO

Thanks for the help

Kelly

Kelly,

I have heard of some people who showered in the gym/spa because their showers were too small, but I'm not sure if that was on the Island or not.

DH is 6'1, about 175 and didn't seem to have any more trouble with the shower curtain than I had.

We really liked the overall set up of the cabin. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, too. I think I have some digital photos of our cabin on the Coral that I didn't print out. I'll see if I can find them for you. I didn't photograph the bathroom.

We've only been on 4 cruises so far, but the Coral was our favorite. That's why we chose the Island this time. We especially liked that Horizon Court is at the very front of the ship instead of aft.

We had been seriously thinking about going to Hawaii on Princess in 06, but my sister and B-I-L, with whom we just cruised this month, want us to go to on a Mediterranean cruise with them instead. I guess Hawaii will have to wait another year....unless DH can wangle another 2 weeks of vacation out of his company (and that's not going to happen!)

Shae

Shae,

I have heard of people showering in the spa areas also-and that's fine but not for me. Just not worth that hassel HA it's not really that big of a deal. Like I said, it's not the first time we've had issues with the shower curtain attacks! But I do appreciate all of your input - no need to go to alot of trouble if your pictures are not readily available either. maybe someone else will come thru on that one for me.

I'm sorry to hear your Hawaii trip may have to wait..but the Med sounds GREAT too!!! Hawaii has been my since my first cruise and I am SOO excited that my family has decided to finally take the plunge (I'll be flying with 3 scare-dy-cats) but I'm soo thankful

Thanks again for your help

Kelly

Kelly, I found 3 pictures of our BC cabin on the Coral Princess. (None of the bathroom area, though.) The color scheme will probably be a little different on the Island, but that should be all. If you would like me to email the pics to you you can email me at lostlakelady@yahoo.com and give me your email address. Just put "Coral Pictures" in the subject line so I recognize it's from you.

Shae

I have pictures of c334 cat BA on the Island including the shower stall (several shots) and the commode and sink area (2 shots) email me if you would like a copy or give me a quick idea of how to post them here if that is allowed.

I have pictures of c334 cat BA on the Island including the shower stall (several shots) and the commode and sink area (2 shots) email me if you would like a copy or give me a quick idea of how to post them here if that is allowed.

YES, I would love to see your pics..although couldn't find your email addy..you can send them to wrkfire911@yahoo.com

are they gonna be comparible to the BD rooms and if not, what is the difference in the two

THANKS!!

As I was reading the posts, I noticed that you will be taking the same cruise I will be on in April with DW, on the Island Pricess. Several "Cruise Critic" surfers are planning on meeting for breakfast the first morning of the cruise. You should feel free to join everyone. The info is listed under "Roll Call Island 4/19...."

Hope to see you there.

Harold

Archived