Boarding time

Frassy

How soon could we board if our ship leaves @ 7:00 pm? I don't want to rush it but would 1:00 - 1:30 p.m. be too early?

If you get to the pier by 10:30 or 11:00 am you can be aboard by noon. It's much more fun to get aboard and start your vacation. Head over to your cabin if it's ready and if not stop by the Lido for lunch. Later on you will still have plenty of time to explore the ship before the Muster Drill at around 4:30 pm or so.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

Thank you. I thought 7:00 p.m. was a rather late 'sail off', and figured perhaps we couldn't go aboard until the afternoon sometime. I want as much 'ship/vacation time' as I can get! :)

Thank you. I thought 7:00 p.m. was a rather late 'sail off', and figured perhaps we couldn't go aboard until the afternoon sometime. I want as much 'ship/vacation time' as I can get! :)

You might also double check what time the ship arrives. Perhaps they aren't getting into port until 10:00 am. But, it's not unusual for ships to leave at 7pm. Today the MSC Poesia is in port she got in early this morning at 7 am and won't sail out till 11 pm tonight.

Jonathan

You might also double check what time the ship arrives. Perhaps they aren't getting into port until 10:00 am. But, it's not unusual for ships to leave at 7pm. Today the MSC Poesia is in port she got in early this morning at 7 am and won't sail out till 11 pm tonight.

Jonathan

OK, thanks! :o

Get there ASAP! Boarding day counts as your first day of cruising, and you've PAID to use that ship! Don't waste 1/2 of it ashore! Most ships will begin boarding as soon as they boot all departing passengers off...around 11am or so!

I've heard more than once that the worst times for crowds are just as the ship starts boarding, and just before the cut-off time. Personally I'd wait until a couple of hours after opening, assuming that still allows you lots of time. Departure time depends on where the ship is going, as well as when it arrives. Good idea to confirm how soon loading starts.

We have been on many ships that don't sail until even 10 p.m., and we like to get in line a little after 11 a.m. so that we have our "extra" day on the ship. We love starting out the cruise with lunch and then a nice drink.

Have fun!

Archived