Room keys and sea pass question

I am pretty sure you all will have more accurate info and faster than emailing RCCL. :)

I have my dw and three kids in a pair of connecting D1's. I know I can get the adults keys for both rooms, but I was curious if anyone knows what the actual policy is versus what is stated on the web site. Right now, the reservation shows me and two kids in the d1 with the foldaway bed, and dw and other kid in other room. When we check in, can we just tell them to put all three kids in one room, parents in the other, and give us keys to their door in addition to ours on our seapass?

I read through the policy when I made the reservations about adults and kids but it was vague enough that I decided to just split up the parents/kids on the reservation and deal with it later.

I am pretty sure you all will have more accurate info and faster than emailing RCCL. :)

I have my dw and three kids in a pair of connecting D1's. I know I can get the adults keys for both rooms, but I was curious if anyone knows what the actual policy is versus what is stated on the web site. Right now, the reservation shows me and two kids in the d1 with the foldaway bed, and dw and other kid in other room. When we check in, can we just tell them to put all three kids in one room, parents in the other, and give us keys to their door in addition to ours on our seapass?

I read through the policy when I made the reservations about adults and kids but it was vague enough that I decided to just split up the parents/kids on the reservation and deal with it later.

Yes you can. I even believe as long as you are across the hall or next to each other you can make the switch before you go. If not once your checked in you can go to customer service desk and make the switch without a problem!

Are you booked that way to get a discount or OBC on both cabins? If not, and the only reason is to put one adult in each cabin for so-called rules, you don't have to. Those are connecting cabins, and you can have it done accurately now, before you cruise. Then you will have no problems throughout the boarding process and actual cruise.

On our trip in March, we had two connecting Promenade rooms. When we booked, we had an adult and child in each room. We never got additional cards - since they were connecting rooms we just used the original cards they gave us. We did not tell anyone at Guest Services that the adults would be sharing one room and the children the other. We only informed our room steward - asked him to leave the two twin beds apart in one room and put the other beds together in the other room. You can get extra keys but we never did.

You don't need to put an adult in each cabin. As long as the cabins are in the same general area (nearby or across the hall) you can put kids in one and adults in the other. We've done balcony for the adults and interior for the kids, and mixed cousins by gender rather than parentage and it's all been fine.

Virginia

Another here who has booked my kids in their own cabin from the start. Get it all straightened out now, one less thing to worry about once you are on board. That's time to enjoy, not worry about all this kind of stuff!

When our kids were younger we did this several times.

PhoenixCruiser is correct, you cannot do it at check in, they don't have a way to reprint room cards. You may even have to wait until sailaway, for some reason this comes to my mind (it may have been a different issue but I remember having to wait until after 5 pm several times). A trip to Guest Relations and you can have the cards changed, or merely have a blank card made for just opening the doors. They do not care who sleeps where on the ship.

Archived