Greece/Turkey - September or October?

SabreSailor

We have the choice of taking a cruise to Greece and Turkey in either mid-September or Mid-October - anyone have any thoughts about how to make the decision?

Mid Oct. should be great...not as hot and fwer crowds.Just MHO.

I agree mid-October would be my choice. September can still be quite warm. In addition to fewer crowds, you may also find that airfare is slightly less expensive.

There is a slightly increased chance of rain, but it isn't as big a deal in the Eastern Med; more likely in the Western Med (Italy, France, etc).

Are you accustomed to heat? Greece and Turkey for me, with a horrible pale skin, are a no-no in Sept, as they can still be very hot.....but if you're from a hot spot, then it probably won't matter.

The season in both countries is winding down in Oct, and, apart from a burst of package holiday makers from the UK at half term- last week or so of Oct- there'll not be many visitors around.

Jo.

Archived