Shoretrips.com

tarheelmjfan

Inquire directly from them. However- my opinion only- I would never use them again (Caribbean). And especially in Alaska it is simple to contact the vender director and book. I found Shoretrips knew little about the tours and basically used the narrative as their guide. There are plenty of pluses for booking direct- namely- only one point of information that is accurate and direct and immediate confirmation of tour times and questions answered. No back and forth mis information.

What is the deposit & cancellation policy for shoretrips.com? TIA :)

I don't know about shore trips.com but Port Promotions offers tours in Alaska if you want to book through someone that offers tours in all ports.. Similar to ship tours, less people, cheaper and very easy and efficient to deal with. They are very good at picking their vendors. Have used them off and on for years and for specialized excursions for groups without a hitch. They use many of the independents that are recommended on this board and you get instant confirmation, talk to a "person" . It isn't for everyone but, then, nothing is! :)

Booking most of your onshore tours independently is very easy though -- all of the tour ops I've met or worked with in Alaska have been very accommodating and the prices beat those onboard ship. We are taking one ship tour on our upcoming cruise - Butchart Gardens by Dusk -- simply bec. it's an evening port call and although we could probably do on our own, it was just simply easier! And that is sometimes the deciding factor for us.

What is the deposit & cancellation policy for shoretrips.com? TIA :)

I've booked with Shoretrips.com many times because I do groups a lot. They are very helpful and are able to arrange custom designed excursions. I have never had a negative experience with them. They have met every vendor and have experienced their excursions. If there's questions - they get answered. What I did like is they guarantee to get you back to the ship. It's never happened but they're insured to get you to the next port if need be. Sure makes my customers feel better instead of taking some tour off the pier who you don't know.

When you book the trips can be cancelled up to 11 days prior to your cruise. If your ship doesn't come into port, you're not charged for the excursion.

Archived