waking up in an inside?

When we had an inside room our internal clocks worked just like they do at home. I get up every morning at 6am,ALMOST always before the alarm goes off.DH usually is awake before me. So on the cruise my body was just set to 6am. Been getting up the same time for 10 yrs ...kind of hard to change it now:)

PS the night light thing doesn't work for me. It's been an ongoing battle between DH and me for years...he likes tv on and the noise when he sleeps. I like it pitch dark and quiet. So as soon as he is asleep I turn the lights and TV off ! AAHHHHH

You mean that not only do you sleep in a windowless cabin, but also you

eat in one? :-) I commend your consistency, but myself I'd rather take

my coffee with a seaview.

I vary my cabin choice but have many cruises under my belt (and many more to come); being frugal has its advantages!!

When we were in an inside cabin it was pitch black- we had an alarm clock. When you wake up you don't know if it is noon or midnight! I loved it- I sleep better in a dark room anyway, so it worked for me!

I am the same. On our last cruise we booked our first inside cabin (previous cruises were all balconies) and I loved it. I never woke up in the middle of the night to check the time. We took a battery operated travel alarm clock to wake us up.

I always wear an inexpensive timex watch ( from Walmart) that lights up the face when you push the button so I can easily tell what time it is if I awaken during the night. Most of the time I sleep like a rock. We usually order room service (coffee, juice, pastries) and they always call in advance so that's our wakeup call since we chose the time of delivery.:)

Why would you post a comment like this? It really

bugs me when people comment with negativity instead of responding to the

question answered. :mad:

Please don't take my comment wrongly, which was done in good humor.

I just meant that if traveling in an inside I'd definitely take my

breakfast in the buffet with an ocean view. Not so when traveling in a

balcony. To each his own of course.

You mean that not only do you sleep in a windowless cabin, but also you

eat in one? :-) I commend your consistency, but myself I'd rather take

my coffee with a seaview.

I can't speak for Pat, but I only ask for coffee and tea from room service, later I get a proper breakfast in the dining room.

I can't speak for Pat, but I only ask for coffee and tea from room service, later I get a proper breakfast in the dining room.

That's what we do. Get room service coffee and maybe a croisant and fruit platter while getting ready for the day, then off to MDR for something more substantial. Love it!

My husband and I did a 10 day Canada/NE on NCL 3 years ago in an inside cabin and we loved it. The Dawn had what we called "the front of the ship channel" and we would turn the TV to that channel each night. After the first morning of waking to a BRIGHT sunrise, we fashioned a "curtain" for the TV out of a bath towel and that worked as a charm.

We plan on doing the same on our first RCCL cruise in Sept. What is the view on their channel? Is it the front of the ship looking over the bow?

Those who bring along a plug-in clock should be aware that fluctuations in the ship's electric current can cause the clock's to be something less than accurate in displaying the correct time.The time difference may not be significant, but you might consider using the room's phone to set a wake-up call. We usually use the bathroom light with the door closed to assist us in navigating the room in the dark of night.:)

That may be true of AC analog clocks of the past, but current tech digital alarm clocks are not Dependant on the frequency of the AC signal, but runs off an oscillator run by an internal DC supply. Translated, even the cheapest digital clocks you can buy today won't be a problem.

Archived