Early Saver question

Lowie

i booked an early saver fare which is now about $600 less than what i paid, but my travel agent isn't open until tomorrow. If the price goes up before they get my email/voicemail, but i've shown proof of the lower price, can they still get me the reduction? Is it always in the form of an onboard credit?

I wouldn't take the chance, at least put in the request yourself, then have you TA do it ASAP, that way at least you have a little ammo to argue with if they say the TA got it in too late. From what I understand, they need to recieve the e-mail while the rate is valid, although I am not sure, I always put my request in while it was active.

thanks, i called carnival and they told me i could fill out the form online and submit it. then the travel agent should follow up with it tomorrow. I have taken screen shots of the lower price on the website and the forms i submitted. i hope it works, it's a lot of money!

thanks for the advice and have fun next week!

Could you give me an idea of where the online form is? Does it have some sort of title, or, does one just sent a general e-mail to Carnival?

Thanks..

under the "specials" tab go to early saver, then there is a link to the price protection area just under where it says that price protection rocks. then click on the claim form to fill out. very easy, they even send you an email confirmation.

and yes firefly, i confirmed the price with carnival. hopefully they won't try to backpedal.. i also saved about $40 (which is cool with me) on my october cruise.

What a stupid stone age system CCL has for these ES price drops. Paying customers having to go to the extremes of watching the prices daily, submitting forms, taking screen shots and waiting for TAs to be in their office because of weekends/holidays to help you get your reductions. Seems to me a program could be written where all this BS could be automatic as well as an automatic email linked to the price drops to let folks know. It is not that complicated but then again with the neanderthal IT dept at CCL I guess that would be asking way too much. Heck their website is a joke wrought with issues and so user unfriendly so I guess I am just rowing upstream thinking they could let technology do the work.

What a stupid stone age system CCL has for these ES price drops. Paying customers having to go to the extremes of watching the prices daily, submitting forms, taking screen shots and waiting for TAs to be in their office because of weekends/holidays to help you get your reductions. Seems to me a program could be written where all this BS could be automatic as well as an automatic email linked to the price drops to let folks know. It is not that complicated but then again with the neanderthal IT dept at CCL I guess that would be asking way too much. Heck their website is a joke wrought with issues and so user unfriendly so I guess I am just rowing upstream thinking they could let technology do the work.

If their IT dept wasnt so awful, they could figure out how to do the FCCs over the phone or on the computer and track them online like Princess, RCL etc do. Only Carnival requires the original to be sent in. I had to pay the full price and then they will refund me the $100 for the FCC. I thought they should just charge me minus the $100 .. but no, my PVP insisted.

Dont get me started on how bad Carnival's IT is.

under the "specials" tab go to early saver, then there is a link to the price protection area just under where it says that price protection rocks. then click on the claim form to fill out. very easy, they even send you an email confirmation.

and yes firefly, i confirmed the price with carnival. hopefully they won't try to backpedal.. i also saved about $40 (which is cool with me) on my october cruise.

Well, I take it back, I kinda saw $100 once on a cruise, if I had upgraded to a guarantee and they had allowed it ... missed out. I would faint if I saw a $600 price drop out of Galveston.

Come on now, why in the world would they give automatic price drops? If a person doesn't see the price drop and submit the form then Carnival makes more money....easy for business and profit.

Firefly, the past hundred or so posts of yours have been so negative about Carnival that I wonder why you continue to cruise with them.

If their IT dept wasnt so awful, they could figure out how to do the FCCs over the phone or on the computer and track them online like Princess, RCL etc do. Only Carnival requires the original to be sent in. I had to pay the full price and then they will refund me the $100 for the FCC. I thought they should just charge me minus the $100 .. but no, my PVP insisted.

Dont get me started on how bad Carnival's IT is.

Yeah the FCC is just another inefficient system for redemption. Many people having to send these things via certified snail mail and hope they get there, hope it does not get lost on someones desk and hope it is applied. Snail mail?? Come on CCL get in the 21st century.

Come on now, why in the world would they give automatic price drops? If a person doesn't see the price drop and submit the form then Carnival makes more money....easy for business and profit.

Firefly, the past hundred or so posts of yours have been so negative about Carnival that I wonder why you continue to cruise with them.

Because it is their policy to allow the ES price drops. I know all about the bottom line but why make their customers jump through hoops to get it?

You do know Carnival is in the business to MAKE money, right? While the ES is great that you can submit claims and receive the discount/OBC, as a company with shareholders it doesn't make sense to do it automatically.

I just don't see the motivation for them to spend more money in development that actually makes them loose money. :confused:

You do know Carnival is in the business to MAKE money, right? While the ES is great that you can submit claims and receive the discount/OBC, as a company with shareholders it doesn't make sense to do it automatically.

I just don't see the motivation for them to spend more money in development that actually makes them loose money. :confused:

I disagree. I understand the bottom line and heck I am a shareholder as well. I have to think this ES policy was well thought out and would think they factored everything into their bottom line. They are making tons of $$, have a dividend but yet make it difficult in this instance. I am sure 99% of the people who read this board will not have an issue but the vast majority of folks are not so interactive with their bookings and IMO should not have to be for price drops under ES. What ever happened to good old customer service and loyalty to customers? Seems like it has vanished in our society forever.

What a stupid stone age system CCL has for these ES price drops . . .

Seems to me a program could be written where all this BS could be automatic . . .

Heck their website is a joke wrought with issues and so user unfriendly so I guess I am just rowing upstream thinking they could let technology do the work.

Right now, the CCL web site advises me, "You cruise in 11 days!!", which is correct. In less than one hour the site will change the message to read "10 days". That change will take place at the Noon hour rather than Midnight. CCL is fully aware of that ongoing issue on the web site, but in an e-mail reply to me concerning a multitude of challenges on the site that need attention, I was informed that one was not an "easy fix".

So, if simply adjusting a program from PM to AM is a challenge, can we really expect something to happen to cover Early Saver changes??

Right now, the CCL web site advises me, "You cruise in 11 days!!", which is correct. In less than one hour the site will change the message to read "10 days". That change will take place at the Noon hour rather than Midnight. CCL is fully aware of that ongoing issue on the web site, but in an e-mail reply to me concerning a multitude of challenges on the site that need attention, I was informed that one was not an "easy fix".

So, if simply adjusting a program from PM to AM is a challenge, can we really expect something to happen to cover Early Saver changes??

Like I said with their IT it is really asking too much.

Pretty pathetic they have a challenge to change that from PM to AM.

When my own PVP says I think we need to pay off the whole cruise, in case something goes wrong with getting the FCC applied ... Im like :eek:

Hey, something better not go wrong, I want it applied. You guys have a whole week to find it and get it applied ... but no, now they have to refund my credit card the $100 ... hopefully Monday. Its arrived in Miami and been signed for. I did my part. Someone else in Canada was upset because it was going to cost her $20 to certify mail it from Canada. ... it just should be done over the phone, like other cruiselines. This snail mail is ridiculous.

I disagree. I understand the bottom line and heck I am a shareholder as well. I have to think this ES policy was well thought out and would think they factored everything into their bottom line. They are making tons of $$, have a dividend but yet make it difficult in this instance. I am sure 99% of the people who read this board will not have an issue but the vast majority of folks are not so interactive with their bookings and IMO should not have to be for price drops under ES. What ever happened to good old customer service and loyalty to customers? Seems like it has vanished in our society forever.

ES is a marketing ploy, just like the Book Now, summer rates are going up, scam.

Carnival is hedging their lowest price bet by crossing their fingers that customers won't follow up on rate drops.

Big business at it's best. When you understand they are not looking out for your best interest MORE than they are looking out for their own best interest, the better off you are. Is the ethical/moral/etc? Probably not, but that's big business these days.

well, i'm still waiting to see what my OBC will be... although now my TA tells me that i lose the OBC they gave me and the 'romance package' because they are making less commission. like i'll really care!! i think my original OBC was $25!

Wow, I cant believe a $600 OBC, thats awesome. Thats going to buy a bunch of DOHs, not to mention all your tips.

.....excuse me for having brain freeze but what is a DOH?

:confused:

wasiii

Archived