Military Friends & Family Promo For May

JIK any military eligible peeps getting ready to book, saw this in JohnH's blog. Not sure if only valid on 'new' bookings or not, didn't see any movement in my cruise rate:

In honor of Memorial Day, Carnival Cruise Lines is offering a promotion throughout May that allows active and retired military personnel to book up to three “Fun Ship” staterooms at discounted rates for themselves and their friends and family members.

Reservations must be made between May 1-31, 2010, to qualify for this special offer, which is available in conjunction with a wide range of three- to eight-day “Fun Ship” departures through April 30, 2012, including voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Canada and New England.

The promotion is valid for individual bookings only, availability is capacity controlled and this promotion cannot be combined with other discount offers such as resident or senior rates or past guest promotions. Eligible military personnel must sail to take advantage of this offer. Fare code PM1, PM2, or PM4 must be requested for the military guest’s cabin and PM3 for the two additional cabins during the reservations process. Military personnel must provide proof of service. Certain other restrictions apply.

one of my friends called CCL after i emailed her the sale & let me know how it worked out for her.

she was told this military promo is:

* only for new bookings/doesn't apply to her existing military booking

&

* she couldn't add a cabin @ the military rate.

confusing why she couldn't price match a lower military rate at least on her existing cabin as she's not in final cancellation period nor on ES.:confused:

She's planning to cancel her existing booking & rebook thru a TA in order to get an additional cabin @ the military rate. She said she's done this in the past w/o issue:confused: im surprised that would fly under the radar.

good luck

This used to be a good benefit but Carnival's military discounts are almost non-existent these days. They used to be about $200 off. Today they are few and far between and if there is one, it is about $20-$30.

confusing why she couldn't price match a lower military rate at least on her existing cabin as she's not in final cancellation period nor on ES.:confused:k

I would think if she WAS on ES then she could match it. ES you should be able to price match on any promo.

one of my friends called CCL after i emailed her the sale & let me know how it worked out for her.

she was told this military promo is:

* only for new bookings/doesn't apply to her existing military booking

&

* she couldn't add a cabin @ the military rate.

confusing why she couldn't price match a lower military rate at least on her existing cabin as she's not in final cancellation period nor on ES.:confused:

She's planning to cancel her existing booking & rebook thru a TA in order to get an additional cabin @ the military rate. She said she's done this in the past w/o issue:confused: im surprised that would fly under the radar.

good luck

Before cancelling and re-booking, I would tell your friend to call her original booking agent to discuss getting a price drop (and booking added cabin) - IMO whoever she talked to was wrong. ken

This used to be a good benefit but Carnival's military discounts are almost non-existent these days. They used to be about $200 off. Today they are few and far between and if there is one, it is about $20-$30.

I got the military discount for our upcoming Dream cruise. It was $100 per person discount and we used it for three cabins. We booked them about three months ago.

JIK any military eligible peeps getting ready to book, saw this in JohnH's blog. Not sure if only valid on 'new' bookings or not, didn't see any movement in my cruise rate:

In honor of Memorial Day, Carnival Cruise Lines is offering a promotion throughout May that allows active and retired military personnel to book up to three “Fun Ship” staterooms at discounted rates for themselves and their friends and family members.

Reservations must be made between May 1-31, 2010, to qualify for this special offer, which is available in conjunction with a wide range of three- to eight-day “Fun Ship” departures through April 30, 2012, including voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Canada and New England.

The promotion is valid for individual bookings only, availability is capacity controlled and this promotion cannot be combined with other discount offers such as resident or senior rates or past guest promotions. Eligible military personnel must sail to take advantage of this offer. Fare code PM1, PM2, or PM4 must be requested for the military guest’s cabin and PM3 for the two additional cabins during the reservations process. Military personnel must provide proof of service. Certain other restrictions apply.

But unfortunately it doesn't apply to just Military Spouses. Sucks when your soldier is deployed or down range or lives in another state and cant or wont go and you can....the soldier HAS to be in the cabin for you to get the rate.

I booked ES and yes the Military rate did beat my ES rate by 60 per person so now I have 120 bucks ES. I still check about once a week by calling but the military rate does not seem to move too much.

is the only way to check military rate to call carnival?

Google variations of "Military Cruise Rate" or "Military Cruise discount" and you should stumble across one of the several sites that display Carnival Military Rates. then Call Carnival to confirm/book. Also http://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/Special%20Programs/T1PM1.pdf ken

Archived