What to do at Newark NJ airport?

sleepless

I will be cruising on Explore of the Seas in June. At the end of the cruise my return flight does not leave Newark until 6:30 p.m. We will be using the ship's transfers. Any ideas on how we can spend roughly 8 hours at the Newark airport?

When we originally booked our flights, we were leaving NJ much earlier, but Delta has made several revisions to our original flight schedule, thus the extra hours to fill.

Thanks

We had this problem last month. After taking advice from this board we rented a car from the airport and went to the Statue of Liberty (from Liberty state park.)

The plan was to do some shopping at a Mall on the way back to the airport but we ran out of time.

We had a fantastic day and would recommend it.

Kay

you won't be able to check your bags til about 4 hours before...

renting a car is an idea...

since DL changed your flights, look on their website and see if there is something that suits you better...if so call and have it changed...THEY messed you up...thus you won't have to pay to change the tickets.....

You are sure you'll be at the airport at 10:30 a.m.? No chance of a later transfer? I'd call the airline first and confirm when you can check in. 4 hours sounds right, but best to confirm before making any other decision. Remember you have to be back at the terminal at least 90 minutes before your fight, so that cuts down the 8 hours. If you decide to stay in the airport, you could splurge on a one-day membership in one of the airline clubs. Some have showers, free snacks and drinks, etc. What time of day? On a weekday, I would be concerned with rush hour traffic if I drove to NYC. On a Sunday, much less.

You don't have to drive into NY unless you really want to. You can pay to park in Jersey City and take Path into the city. You can go out to Liberty State Park and ride the ferries or you can go up to the outlets in Secaucus.

Archived