stairs on freedom???

ok i know they have stairs on the ships but are they hidden away like in a hotel or are they easy to access? We will be 7th deck family promanade and I do not take elevators, not a fan of small spaces and yes i know the ship is BIG but im prepared for that, i took the stairs while in labor with all 3 of my kids thats how much i hate elevators so just want to know how easy it is to find the stairs and if they are open or tucked behind mystery doors? Thanks for putting up with my newbie question!:D

ok i know they have stairs on the ships but are they hidden away like in a hotel or are they easy to access? We will be 7th deck family promanade and I do not take elevators, not a fan of small spaces and yes i know the ship is BIG but im prepared for that, i took the stairs while in labor with all 3 of my kids thats how much i hate elevators so just want to know how easy it is to find the stairs and if they are open or tucked behind mystery doors? Thanks for putting up with my newbie question!:D

Nope, not tucked away at all. They are wide open, right next to the elevator bays.

Calmmerrit, not only are the stairs easy to find, I generally used them most of the time on both Freedom and Navigator (easing the Windjammer guilt), and found that nine times out of ten, using the stairs was far faster than using the elevators.

Enjoy the cruise, Freedom is a wonderful ship!

We are traveling on FOS as well. We did the Explorer a couple of years ago and I believe they are similar. We were on Deck 7 as well. Picture a very wide stair case, carpeted where you can see all around you kind of like a grand staircase but in flights of maybe 8 steps. We used these instead of the elevator many times as it was faster and better exercise! I think you will be pleased.

Deck 7 is a great choice, because it's not too far to go down to Promenade or Dining and up to WindJammer (although up is a bit more to go up!) We had Deck 9 and used the stairs quite a bit, unless we were going all the way down to Deck 4 or something. Good exercise too!!!

Nope, not tucked away at all. They are wide open, right next to the elevator bays.

Wide open and wide. There are two side by side sets of steps at both the front and rear of the ship. People from different upbringings can't seem to agree to walk on the right side or the left side, so these stairs are wide enough that walking up or down is easy even when busy. I loved walking on Freedom.

Wide open and wide. There are two side by side sets of steps at both the front and rear of the ship. People from different upbringings can't seem to agree to walk on the right side or the left side, so these stairs are wide enough that walking up or down is easy even when busy. I loved walking on Freedom.

Hmm !! Right side or left on the stairs...I tend to go right..Then of course there will be those that think their group can just go shoulder to shoulder..and stop in midstair to talk...:(

Hmm !! Right side or left on the stairs...I tend to go right..Then of course there will be those that think their group can just go shoulder to shoulder..and stop in midstair to talk...:(

You are absolutely right. With the side by side staircases, it was easy, usually, to get around those people.

Archived