Pre-paid parking at Port of Galveston

NiteStar

Has anyone ever pre-paid their parking at the Port of Galveston. It only saves you $5.00, but I figure $5 is $5! I just wasn't sure how safe it was giving my credit card information to that site. Thanks!

I always pre-pay and make a reservation at EZCruise online... both to ave $5 and to know I have a place... But I don't know about the Port of Galveston, pier parking... But I agree... $5 is $5 and it saves you something!!! :D

i just reserved online for EZcruise parking. $35 is easier to swallow :) i just wish the parking was covered. if it rains my jeep's top tends to leak a little.

You do have the option to purchase a cover for the week. You may want to call and ask them as I'm not sure how many they have or how quickly they get reserved.

If you go to gulf port ports of call ..where this thread will probably be moved. Host Kat? has a list of the parking lots with links to book them.

Lighthouse is also considered just as good as EZcruise, there are other options, though Iv used EZCruise myself as they advertised in my paper and are the biggest lot. (well actually they have two lots, though with fewer ships these days I dont think they use the 2nd lot)

Lighthouse is also considered just as good as EZcruise, there are other options, though Iv used EZCruise myself as they advertised in my paper and are the biggest lot. (well actually they have two lots, though with fewer ships these days I dont think they use the 2nd lot)

I have used both Lighthouse and EZCruise. Both were very convenient and easy to use. We had no problems with our credit card. But I always booked in advance because I wanted to make sure we had space.

We have done the prepaid parking at Port of Galveston several times and have never had a problem. They are very convenient and friendly. We like knowing that the parking is fenced and security is provided.

MAY 2010 - CONQUEST - Western Caribbean

MAY 2009 – CONQUEST – Eastern Caribbean

MAY 2008 – CONQUEST – Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

JUNE 2007 – SPIRIT – Alaska Northbound

APRIL 2006 – GRAND PRINCESS – Western Caribbean, Belize

MAY 2004 – ELATION – Western Caribbean

MAY 2002 – CELEBRATION – Cozumel

JUNE 1997 – ECSTASY – Western Caribbean

We have prepaid with both EZCruise and Port Authority. No problem with either. We like just driving up and getting our luggage out and driving to the Port Parking and then shuttling back. When we go home they are there waiting and we are to our car in minutes. With EZCruse the wait to and from the ship was longer and you had to load and unload luggage one extra time. Its worth the $5 extra to go with the Port parking to me. But booking online still saves $5 either way.

I had a hotel for 5 day Ecstasy with free parking, but I moved to discount parking, because I figured by the time I paid a taxi both ways (no free shuttle), it would have cost as much for 5 days as the prepaid parking. This wasy I knew the shuttle would be waiting for me.

... I've not seen it posted, so wanted to give a heads up.

At the Port of Galveston parking facility, Disabled Vets & Purple Heart Recipients get free parking. Dad didn't take the car w/ the PH plate but brought the card w/ documentation and they waived his fee this past Feb. We knew about free parking @ airports, but he was pleasantly surprised to find this too.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

</hijack> :D

Last time we cruised we heard that they ran out of parking spaces on a previous cruise, and we went ahead and booked online so we would know that we had a parking spot.

There used to also be 5 full time ships, so back then you needed to book ahead of time online. Now with EZCruise having a 2nd overflow parking lot, Iv never heard of it still happening, no worries.

i just reserved online for EZcruise parking. $35 is easier to swallow :) i just wish the parking was covered. if it rains my jeep's top tends to leak a little.
We always book EZ cruise online and also get a cover for the car.

Archived