Qs re Transport From SoBe Hotel to POM?

keishashadow

Typically, im not worried about being 1st onboard, yet im told in order to increase odds of booking a cabana on HMC i need to be @ excursion desk bright & early this time.

Our hotel is in 1600 block of Collins Ave, doesn't seem far; just not sure of traffic & procedures @ POM & we're not VIP boarding.

Any suggestions on:

* what type of transport would be best (taxi? or pre-arranged shuttle) to arrange for pickup @hotel?

* what time we should plan on leaving for port?

TIA:)

Typically, im not worried about being 1st onboard, yet im told in order to increase odds of booking a cabana on HMC i need to be @ excursion desk bright & early this time.

Our hotel is in 1600 block of Collins Ave, doesn't seem far; just not sure of traffic & procedures @ POM & we're not VIP boarding.

Any suggestions on:

* what type of transport would be best (taxi? or pre-arranged shuttle) to arrange for pickup @hotel?

* what time we should plan on leaving for port?

TIA:)

I don't know what HMC is, and I don't know if the excursion desk will be open as soon as you board. Usually with most ships boarding starts around 11-12 so leave the hotel about 10:45 if you want to be one of the first onboard. Just grab a taxi. Most hotels have taxis avaliable so it shouldn't be hard to get one.

Usually cabins are not ready til about 1pm.

I don't know what HMC is, and I don't know if the excursion desk will be open as soon as you board. Usually with most ships boarding starts around 11-12 so leave the hotel about 10:45 if you want to be one of the first onboard. Just grab a taxi. Most hotels have taxis avaliable so it shouldn't be hard to get one.

Usually cabins are not ready til about 1pm.

Hotel desk or doorman will call you a cab. 15 minutes to the port.

Agree to take a cab. Plan on leaving at 10:30 so you really leave at 10:45AM.

You'll have a full first day on the ship and the view from the ship of Miami, the Atlantic, and Key Biscayne is really quite stunning.

thanx, i was worried re traffic backing up in the port area.

it seems absolutely gigantic vs the ones ive sailed from in the past, least skipping driving will eliminate the parking lot hassle:)

i cannot wait to see miami, barely remember it when i last visited as a kid.

Archived