New Orleans Hotels - Which reservation should I keep?

goodml

I have used Priceline for all of our hotels for about 5 years now but we aren't sailing until December of this year so I decided to book a cancellable back up and I may or may not use Priceline later. I'm familiar with Drury Inns as we've stayed in the one in Troy MI on several occasions and really enjoyed it. I see that many here really like the one in NOLA.

Currently I have a reservation at the Drury and one at Springhill Suites Convention Center. Both are for $89. Any suggestions as to which I should keep?

$89 for Drury, are you SURE you have the NOLA cruise special booked, or are you flying in. I havent been able to get that low of a rate for a while.

If that's the online rate, it doesnt include parking. I stayed there and loved our room on the 7th floor, 20 ft ceilings, black marble, it was just such a pretty room. Hotel staff very nice, coke machines are free. The breakfast is great, we liked the waffles. Happy hour is hot finger food like chicken fingers or egg rolls and 3 coupons for mixed drinks, beer or wine .. strong drinks.

Its said to be one of the nicest Drury Hotels, much nicer than the rest of them.

They wanted $149.99 plus parking and tax, for tomorrow night is why I didnt book them next time. ..I took Holiday Inn downtown for $50 less.

You can easily walk the short 3 blocks into french qtr from Drury, I dont know if the other hotel is close enough to the French Qtr. That would be a deciding factor for me too.

Thanks so much firefly. You're correct, it's not the parking package - we're flying in. I've been reading your posts about NOLA and they're really helpful. I think I'm going to skip the Springhill. Tripadvisor reviews aren't great and everyone here seems to rave about the Drury. Thanks again.:)

The Carnival Spirit does not sail out of New Orleans. You are either on the NCL Spirit or the Carnival Triumph if you are cruising from New Orleans.

If you check some old threads on the New Orleans listing under Ports of Call you will see quite a few good reports about the Drury. I have never stayed there (since I live here), but the comments have always been good.

The Carnival Spirit does not sail out of New Orleans. You are either on the NCL Spirit or the Carnival Triumph if you are cruising from New Orleans.

If you check some old threads on the New Orleans listing under Ports of Call you will see quite a few good reports about the Drury. I have never stayed there (since I live here), but the comments have always been good.

:DLMAO. Yes I guess it's time to change my countdown clock. Guess I'm still mourning my Spirit cruise out of San Diego that Carnival cancelled on me. Just rebooked on the Triumph and forgot about changing the clock. Thanks for the reminder. I'll go find a new one now.

• 2 weeks later...
$89 for Drury, are you SURE you have the NOLA cruise special booked, or are you flying in. I havent been able to get that low of a rate for a while.

If that's the online rate, it doesnt include parking. I stayed there and loved our room on the 7th floor, 20 ft ceilings, black marble, it was just such a pretty room. Hotel staff very nice, coke machines are free. The breakfast is great, we liked the waffles. Happy hour is hot finger food like chicken fingers or egg rolls and 3 coupons for mixed drinks, beer or wine .. strong drinks.

Its said to be one of the nicest Drury Hotels, much nicer than the rest of them.

They wanted $149.99 plus parking and tax, for tomorrow night is why I didnt book them next time. ..I took Holiday Inn downtown for $50 less.

You can easily walk the short 3 blocks into french qtr from Drury, I dont know if the other hotel is close enough to the French Qtr. That would be a deciding factor for me too.

Which Holiday Inn was this? I can't believe a bunch of the hotels are already booked for next March.

Which Holiday Inn was this? I can't believe a bunch of the hotels are already booked for next March.

The Holiday Inn-Superdome is offering a decent "cruise" rate. We will be staying 2 nights this week prior to our cruise and the cost is $99 per night with free breakfast and $5 per day parking.

Sue

If you are looking at the first week in March - Mardi Gras is March 8th next year so all of the hotels will soon be booked up - especially Sat the 5th through the 8th.

If you are looking at the first week in March - Mardi Gras is March 8th next year so all of the hotels will soon be booked up - especially Sat the 5th through the 8th.

We're looking at the night of the 19th. Since it is after Mardi Gras and well before Easter, I thought it wouldn't be quite as busy.

I did get a decent rate at the Holiday Inn-Superdome, now I just have to call and see if we can get a cruise package that includes parking.

Archived