Carnival Dream review: April 17-24, 2010. Awesome cruise!!!

We sailed almost 8 months ago, and you just sailed. All that happened here is that we had different experiences. I won't accuse you of not smelling the smell as much as you say. But I will say once again, in all honesty, that we only smelled it a few times (other than the top of the waterslides like I mentioned, when it was windy). We smelled it a few times in the hallway leading to our room, for only a few steps, and it wasn't strong at all, and it never was in our room. Up at the top of the waterslides, when the strong wind blew in a certain direction, we could smell it, and it was strong. You can believe me or think I am lying, but it absolutely was my experience. You're experience was different. That happens quite often on cruising. A ship is just fine one week (our week), then a few months later, the problem has come back. We did sail nearly 8 months ago, so that's plenty of time for new problems or old problems to resurface. Most comments on these boards have said that the smell problem was non-existant to very minimal, but most of those are referring to experiences more around our time frame through the summer.

We were on the Triumph last month, and we did smell that smell many times in different places at different times throughout the ship. Not to downplay the possibility that it may now be worse on the Dream than on other ships, but the Triumph definitely had the smell. We smelled it more on the Triumph than we did on the Dream.

As far as thoughts on the singers, that's just a difference of opinion. I liked her. Many people will think she's terrible. It's all good. If we all had the same opinions on everything, life would be pretty boring.

I just registered so that I could reply to your post, to be honest. I JUST came back from a 7-day cruise on the Carnival Dream and I smelled the "famous sewage smell" that you mentioned the entire 7 days. Don't tell me that you didn't. Both of us that went on that cruise smelled it a good 75% of the time and for you to act like the smell wasn't there is a bit ridiculous. It got "famous" for some reason, apparently. I, personally, have only been on this one cruise and had never looked up anything about it or any other cruise ship and just haphazardly found your post. Though, when I did, and saw some of your comments, I HAD to give a reply. The ship was huge and the vacation was pretty nice, but, they could certainly do with some air freshener scattered throughout the place. Even the Gathering stank. It smelled old and dirty like a diner from 50 years ago might. Almost all of the crew was friendly. Our CD was Butch and he was very energetic, yet, completely fake. He was very annoying as he kept saying, "YA!" to get a response from people. The shows were okay in the Encore. Could have been more variety and the singers could have been more well-trained. Oh, now that I'm on that, I MUST mention the Dream Atrium singer....she was the worst I have heard in my whole life. You'd think that the people that hired her would have listened to her singing, but, OMG....it was ridiculous. There were some highlights, such as Dominica (our porter on the cruise)...she was very cordial. Guest services were extremely gracious and quick. My two favorite bartenders Cahyono and Aung were also wonderful. I will miss them. The magician and juggler were very funny and the dance crew (Fun Force aka G Force (sp?) was spectacular. Overall, I had a very nice time, but, the entire cruise smelled of sewage, yes, it did.
OK wow, why don't you just call him a liar....:confused:. You kind of come off that way. "The entire cruise smelled of sewage". Possibly overstated??? ... you might want to check other reviews and see how they feel about it;) For the record, I was on the Dream in August and I did not smell the "smell" once....Guess I am lying also. :)

I just registered so that I could reply to your post, to be honest. I JUST came back from a 7-day cruise on the Carnival Dream and I smelled the "famous sewage smell" that you mentioned the entire 7 days. Don't tell me that you didn't. Both of us that went on that cruise smelled it a good 75% of the time and for you to act like the smell wasn't there is a bit ridiculous. It got "famous" for some reason, apparently. I, personally, have only been on this one cruise and had never looked up anything about it or any other cruise ship and just haphazardly found your post. Though, when I did, and saw some of your comments, I HAD to give a reply. The ship was huge and the vacation was pretty nice, but, they could certainly do with some air freshener scattered throughout the place. Even the Gathering stank. It smelled old and dirty like a diner from 50 years ago might. Almost all of the crew was friendly. Our CD was Butch and he was very energetic, yet, completely fake. He was very annoying as he kept saying, "YA!" to get a response from people. The shows were okay in the Encore. Could have been more variety and the singers could have been more well-trained. Oh, now that I'm on that, I MUST mention the Dream Atrium singer....she was the worst I have heard in my whole life. You'd think that the people that hired her would have listened to her singing, but, OMG....it was ridiculous. There were some highlights, such as Dominica (our porter on the cruise)...she was very cordial. Guest services were extremely gracious and quick. My two favorite bartenders Cahyono and Aung were also wonderful. I will miss them. The magician and juggler were very funny and the dance crew (Fun Force aka G Force (sp?) was spectacular. Overall, I had a very nice time, but, the entire cruise smelled of sewage, yes, it did.

Yeah, sorry to say that I'm a liar as well.

We stayed in rooms 12202 and 12204. Can't get any closer to the top of the waterslide and funnel unless you're sleeping on the Serenity Deck and we hardly smelled it.

And, I presume that, given staff rotations, many have left and have been replaced as well, so the experiences were probably different there as well.

Loved your first 2 posts on CC essentially trashing CCL. But, both the carrot and the stick about the internet is the beauty of "surgical strike" postings.

Good thing you're using CC for all the right reasons.

Welcome ;}

Yeah, sorry to say that I'm a liar as well.

We stayed in rooms 12202 and 12204. Can't get any closer to the top of the waterslide and funnel unless you're sleeping on the Serenity Deck and we hardly smelled it.

And, I presume that, given staff rotations, many have left and have been replaced as well, so the experiences were probably different there as well.

Loved your first 2 posts on CC essentially trashing CCL. But, both the carrot and the stick about the internet is the beauty of "surgical strike" postings.

Good thing you're using CC for all the right reasons.

Welcome ;}

well said:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived