Does Carnival offer Blue Moon Beer?

Can anyone confirm this? I read a review last night where the OP said they had it but I have searched the boards this AM and do not see it listed on any of the drink menus, the only search match I came up with was a Blue Moon Martini. Thanks for any input :)

Just got off the Ecstasy and yes they did have it. It was not offered everywhere on the ship, but was offered on the lido deck. The waiters did not bring an orange slice with it so you may have to remind them to bring one. They serve it in a plastic cup if that makes a difference to you. For those leaving from Galveston they do not sell it until you reach international waters.

They just added Blue Moon and Becks about a month ago. Maybe a little more. They should have both everywhere on the ship. You might need to specify that you want the beer not the martini though.

Try your Blue Moon Beer with a slice of orange. It's Very Good !! :)

Fruit in the beer violates man law. I am spoiled in Michigan with Bell's Oberon, blue moon is a yucky beer brewed by coors- I wish Carnival would expand their beer offerings

Great! Off to Albertson's now. I drank the last of our Honeymoon last night. I could go for a good Blue Moon. Thanks for contributing to my beer belly, people! :mad:

Booze?

Or Blue Moon specifically?

I thought they only did that on Sundays due to the Blue Laws.

They do have a selection of beer and alcohol that can be sold in port. Once you hit international waters the rest come out. It has to do with liquor laws in Texas. Someone said it had to do with the alcohol content, but I am not sure.

LOVE Blue Moon & sailing on the Ecstasy in July :)! Thanks for the good news, errr should I say "bad news", for my sign & sail account :eek:.

Agree, TX has some weird alcohol laws. The restaurants & pubs serve Blue Moon here in Texas all the time, so what's the big deal about a cruise ship serving it in TX state waters :confused:

Oh well, guess I can hold out to get out of Texas waters :cool:. The "Oil Cans" (Fosters) will help in the meantime ;).

Somebody once explained the limited alcohol choices while the ship is still in Texas waters. They said that the law was that the ship could only serve alcohol that had been purchased in Texas. So the ships purchase a certain amount to serve until they set sail, and they just don't buy everything that they have on their normal bar menus.

Anybody know if that is true?

Archived