Seas in late May/Early June

searlie

Hi!

I am very excited to be going on a family cruise the end of May/early June...I was just wondering what the seas are like that time of year. We leave out of NYC to FL and then the Bahamas.

I know it is hard to predict but just a general idea. I don't get seasick, just nervous in high or choppy waves...

Thanks for any help! :)

We've been cruising in June for the past 5 years, mostly out of Florida, and so far (knock on wood), it's been some of the smoothest we've seen. (March on the other hand can be very choppy for some reason)

As a cousin of mine used to say: If you cannot change it, make friends with it." The seas will be what they will be. The route should be reasonably calm at that time of year. IF there is a storm in the vicinity, the seas could be heavier. Short of monstrous seas, a modern cruise ship can handle most storm-tossed seas, so enjoy the ride no matter what you get.

I love cruising in late May or early June because the weather and water temperature is warmer. Never had any rough seas but will keep our fingers crossed as my family is sailing on the Freedom next month. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived