How's the coffee on Celebrity?

phdiva

• 4 weeks later...
Most people who have breakfast in the buffet tend to get their coffee from the larger machines at the end of the buffets near the grill area. However, the coffee servers fill their pots at the machines more towards the midships area of the ship. The coffee from those machines was noticably fresher and tastier than from the larger machines aft.

hope this wasnt why. Apologies in advance

1. Go to the following

http://www.cartoline.it/pics/_zoom_flash.htm?immagine=scherzi_150404_01

2. put a coin in the machine

3. select what COFEE you want to drink

4. click on the cup

5. click on the word "apri"

Italians Huh!

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Bailey's comment! We do think that Celebrity has fairly decent coffee compared to other lines we've cruised on. We do a couple of things to enhance it. We bring individual creamers you can get at the grocery store, such as half 'n half, vanilla, and hazelnut. The ones you don't have to refrigerate. We put a few in our pockets when we go to the buffet line or the dining room and use them in the coffee. We have at times also packed a few miniatures, such as Bailey's and have that sometimes in our stateroom in the evening. But, we also love the specialty liqueur drinks at the coffee bar with the whipped cream and all that!

Great idea here about taking a travel mug. We've never done that, but I think I will on the Summit April 1st!:eek:

The coffee on Celebrity is much better than RCL's Mariner, it was so bad I had to switch to tea for the entire cruise and they even have a specialty coffee shop on the Promenade. My DH and I always bring our insulated mugs they work great for coffee and then later in day for juice & ice.

Ginny

Hi all --

I'm wondering about coffee availalability -- is it pretty much available, somewhere on the ship, throughout the day?

I see that the specialty coffees cost extra -- but say I want a regular cup of coffee in the afternoon (before dinner) -- can I find it in a lounge? No charge?

Thanks!

Elaine, you spoke the most magical words, "you could get it from room service 24 hours..."

I love your cat quote and avatar too. I think I have your avatar's twin -- he's all black too with amber eyes. :)

Thanks for posting!

I find the coffee hit or miss. I have had ok coffee in the dining room and from room service, but the coffee served at the breakfast buffet has left a little bit to be desired. It was terrible at times!

I have to agree with all the comments on coffee cups and water/juice glasses! We usually make the mugs our first purchase as soon as the shops open since we do like china and they make excellent souvenirs. By the third day of the cruise, you see a lot of ship's souvenirs in the buffet! Got a wonderful insulated water bottle on Horizon which I will take with just in case Galaxy doesn't have the same thing!

We used to cruise on the old Britannis, which was Chandris Cruise Line, and which Celebrity eventually bought, then leased to the military for Guantanamo. The food on the old Britannis was spectacular, but the coffee was terrible! Coffee on the Century is much better and food comparable to the old Britannis.

<I love your cat quote and avatar too. I think I have your avatar's twin -- he's all black too with amber eyes.> Luxana thanks you, Waszull. She is eleven years old. You can see her and her companion, Callie, ten years old, if you click on my profile. They are indoor cats. There are lots of cat lovers on the April 1st Summit, our next cruise!:)

Having spent considerable time in the Oasis Lounge (Celebrity Galaxy) on those days at sea.... I've consumed more than my share of coffee. It's very generic, to be polite about it. (Note: I did not say it sucks) Don't even think about Starbucks here, or even Dunkin Donuts. It is free, however.... and you get what you pay for. (speaking of which, is it just me or is EVERYTHING with Celebrity about money $$$?)

:D I've never found a cruise line that has decent coffee, but then...I received my Masters in Coffee growing up in Seattle. You really have to pop down to Cafe Cova Milano to get the good stuff on Celebrity and their hours are a bit more limited than room service. You'll see all the ship's officers there because they are Europeans and know what good coffee should taste like. On cruises longer than seven days, I take my own 4 cup Mr. Coffee coffeemaker, filters and a good stash of Starbucks.;)

I get my coffee from the maker dead center of buffet. It is frequented by servers filling carafes to fill cups at tables with. So it is made twice as often as the end makers.

I have brought the carafe from morning coffee in our stateroom up to fill it for later, my veins are coffee not blood. Room service coffee at 5:30AM is fabulous, so maybe by 9AM it has gotten old..........

Then our plastic bottle of Baileys makes any coffee yummy..........

Then after dinner room service comes with 4 cranberry, 2 grapefruit & 2 pineapple juices. This is for Grey Goose Baybreezes & Seabreezes.......

Coffee and juices were watered down and dispensed from large machines -- no table service for coffee/refills, no fresh juices of any kind (but lots of sliced fruit to compensate). Only "non dairy" creamers were available at the coffee station, so you had to get milk from the breakfast bar. We chose to get cappuccinos from the Cova Cafe each morning instead -- these were quite good.

Celebrity used to list cappuccino on their menus with coffee, tea and so forth, but now you have to pay to get it after dinner. Probably the same for espresso, but not sure about that.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a question. I know you can get coffee served to you by room service but once in awhile we get up early and hubby goes to the buffet to fill our travel mugs. Can you tell me the time that coffee is available there or is it available 24 hours. This will be our first Celebrity cruise. Thank you for any information.

Marilyn

On most of the cruises we have taken the coffe has been marginal at best. So four years ago I started to bring two cup size French Presses I bought from Starbucks and brought our own freshly ground Starbucks coffee. So first thing in the morning I put intwo scoops of grounds in the French presses and I go up to the buffet and fill them with boilng water. By the time I get back to the room I have two great cups of Starbucks coffe to start the day off with. Just my 2 cents

I am a coffee lover....so much so I bring my own travel coffee maker just in case.

I just returned form a cruise on the Summit, and the coffee in all areas was very good! Much better than in the past!

Suzanne

Archived