How's the coffee on Celebrity?

phdiva

How does the coffee on Celebrity compare to the swill served on Princess?

I'd really like to leave my coffee pot at home, but truly enjoy a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning before I leave my stateroom.

I have it delivered. It serves as my wakeup call and morning 'jolt'. Coffee is much better now. They have stopped using the 'concentrate' and have actual coffee makers.

Not as good as the Costa Rican I brought home, however!

I'd really like to leave my coffee pot at home, but truly enjoy a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning before I leave my stateroom.

Coffee is pretty decent. You can have it delivered in the a.m. if you like. If you're in a suite, they'll deliver from the Cova coffee bar without the usual charge -- espresso, latte, whatever you might prefer.

My DH is the coffee drinker, and he loved it. I have found that coffee, just like food is very subjective. What floats one boat, may flood another. Do take an insulated mug no mater what you decide. They are right about the size of the cups on board. If you do take a coffee pot, be sure it is one with an automatic shut off and remember to bring a power strip.

on Connie after the Baltic as we did Transatlantic. Then Infinity, as I was being nosey, I watch the waiter setting up the coffee for brewing & saw the coffee which was German.......... both were very good.

I have it delivered. It serves as my wakeup call and morning 'jolt'. Coffee is much better now. They have stopped using the 'concentrate' and have actual coffee makers.

Not as good as the Costa Rican I brought home, however!

The coffee on Galaxy was good in the dinning room, passable in the Lido deck. The "Cream" offered was bad however, some kind of non dairy creamer in those little white cups that tasted odd. We asked the wait staff for real cream from the restaurant and they would bring a glass up for us. I second the great idea to bring a thermos mug to carry with you.

Coffee on Millie 11/28 was a little (okay a lot) strong for our taste. After a couple of days we figured out to order a pot of hot water along with a pot of coffee and then we could "cut" the coffe to the right strength for us.

Just a suggestion....put a Dunkin Donuts on every Celebrity ship! No donuts...just coffee. The best I've had in my 62 years.

You are right FM, no fancy latte rubbish, Dunkin Donuts has the best coffee at a reasonable price.

Most people who have breakfast in the buffet tend to get their coffee from the larger machines at the end of the buffets near the grill area. However, the coffee servers fill their pots at the machines more towards the midships area of the ship. The coffee from those machines was noticably fresher and tastier than from the larger machines aft.

Any coffee will be better than on Princess.

On X ships they have brewed coffee, but the best coffee is served on any X ships that have Costa Rica on their itinerary - they serve Costa Rican coffee- Britt , which is the best in the world.

Glad to hear of all the tips on the coffee. We sailed our first Princess cruise this past October and absolutely agree it is swill they are serving.

The best so far has been with HAL but will definitely take the cream from the kitchen or possibly just picking up the HOMO milk on the breakfast bar? Thanks also for the tip on the travel mugs.

Looking forward to our November 24th Panama cruise on the Galaxy. If anyone knows of any good threads on this trip please point me in the right direction.

Linda,

British Columbia

We were on the Infinity 12-20 to 1-3 & the coffee was not very good at all! And not very strong! Found that to be true in the dining room & the buffet. Cova cafe was very good, except they don't serve large size coffee drinks. We actually were able to get a pitcher of cafe americano delivered w/ breakfast 1 morning (our anniversary morning). Coffee in the SS United States was very good too.

My experience with Carnival, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean is the same. Coffee is not the greatest. Best when fresh (within a 1/2 hour of brewing). I've brought my own from home with the same results - just not up to par. I'm convinced it's the water. So, I try to get a good cup when we are in port and make do the rest of the time. Personnally, I don't think I'll bring my own again. Too much trouble for very little return. Won't keep me from cruising though!

Barb

On the Summit, Constellation, and Horizon, I thought the coffe was very good. It was nice and strong. To me, it's always better for the coffee to be too strong than too weak. Strong coffee can always be diluted with hot water or cream. Weak coffee is an offense against nature.

I found Summit's coffee to be sufficiently strong and not cloudy...a decent taste and usually fresh. It isn't gourmet nor as good as your own personal mix at home, but it should pass muster with most coffee drinkers.

On Coral Princess last year, the coffee was foul - weak, slightly bitter, and not fresh. Royal Caribbean was average...better after dinner in the dining room than on deck, but not great. Summit was definately better than RCL (at least Grandeur, Sovereign, Explorer, and Voyager) and leaps-and-bounds over Coral Princess.

AND YES - I make the same recommendation as everyone else on the mugs...Celebrity's coffee mugs AND juice cups look like they came from "My First Barbie's Tea Set". If you were thirsty and drank too fast, you could inhale the cup by accident. Summit was my first Celebrity, and I didn't know about this until onboard...Princess and RCL's cups and mugs are bigger. I purchased the 'soda' card onboard, then went to the gift shop and bought a 32oz insulated mug with a travel cap and used that onboard for all juice, coffee, milk, and soda needs (1 mug was much better than loading 8 mini-cups of juice on my food tray for lunch).

Enjoy!

On our 1/16 Summit cruise, I found the coffee to be about a 4 on a 1-10 scale. The only exception was the coffee from the machine at the buffet. It was a 7 but I think that was only because it was stronger.

Dan

We just got off the Century 1/22 sailing and loved the coffee, but then we like our coffee strong and we don't mind the small mugs because we like china or pottery mugs (not plastic, yuk) and we tend to linger over our coffee. We always have our first cups delivered with juice to our stateroom as a wake up call. Where oh where is Pedro? Helloooo, Pedro? Please come to Cleveland!!!!

Archived