One carry-on, right?

You are talikg about a carry on for the airlines, right?

Answer, check with your carrier.

If you'r talking about the cruise lines, their is no limit, besides what you can reasonably handle.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

You are talikg about a carry on for the airlines, right?

Answer, check with your carrier.

If you'r talking about the cruise lines, their is no limit, besides what you can reasonably handle.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

I meant just for the cruise...we are driving down to Florida.

large bags will need to be checked with the porters who will load them on the ship and get them to your room, no limit there that I've ever seen. carry on bags need to be about airline carry on sized to fit through the xray machines, but whatever number you can reasonably manage is fine.

I meant just for the cruise...we are driving down to Florida.

You can bring however many you want, there is no limit really. They technically list it at 250lbs per person, but if you bring that much you have seriously over packed.

Your carry on can be larger than an airplane carry on. I usually carry on a 25 inch tall suitcase which holds all my clothes for a 7 day cruise. Fits through the x-ray just fine.

I think carry on for the airplane is either 19 or 21 inch suitcase.

my wife and I did not use porters at dock; we had rollerboards and backpacks; when we arrived at pier we just walked up and got our seapasses and were on our way. When we left 7 days later we rolled our stuff off the ship; that way we didn't have to wait for our luggage with all the people; just jumped in taxi and were on our way to airport.

The carry ons do have to fit through scanning machines, so width matters more than length. A rolling duffle would be a good choice since they are narrower than a typical suitcase. You can take as many as you like, but if you do you will want to check on later than 1pm...or you will be hauling those bags with you wherever you go until then.

If you try to take on a full sized suitcase, they will re-direct you to the porters to check on your bags.

It's all personal choice, but we prefer to carry on (and off) as little as possible and allow the crew to schlep our heavier bags. It's simpler and we've only once in many cruises had a delay getting our bags at disembarkment. That was only due to the person picking up our bags didn't pay attention to the color tags. Our last few cruise our suitcases were right there, amongst only a very few others, when disembarking, once they were virtually at our feet. I love self disembarkment, it takes so many bags out of the terminal to search through :)

Archived