4 Day versus 5 Day cruises

So far our CCL experience has consisted of six 5 day cruises over the past few years. This year, we're looking at doing a 4 day cruise on Inspiration so the DD is not missing an extra day of school.

Are there any differences between a 4 or 5 day cruise, besides one less night and one less port of call? This ship will call on Cozumel only.

I know we'll save one day of auto gratuities (:)), but does the 4 day cruise still count toward Platinum? Is there a Captains Party? How about a Past Guest Party? What else may be the same or different?

So far our CCL experience has consisted of six 5 day cruises over the past few years. This year, we're looking at doing a 4 day cruise on Inspiration so the DD is not missing an extra day of school.

Are there any differences between a 4 or 5 day cruise, besides one less night and one less port of call? This ship will call on Cozumel only.

I know we'll save one day of auto gratuities (:)), but does the 4 day cruise still count toward Platinum? Is there a Captains Party? How about a Past Guest Party? What else may be the same or different?

Yes, the cruise does count toward Platinum. There is no Past Guest Party. The Captain's Party on "Cruise Elegant" night has been replaced. Now you can meet the Captain and Cruise Director on the Promenade deck. Instead of free drinks, you can buy drinks for $1 off. There is a "Farewell Party" on the last sea day in the lounge where bingo and nightly shows take place.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything different.

I appreciate the reply. I think I can live without a Past Guest party, although it would be the first one for my brother and his wife. :o

As long as that's the only difference, I think we can go this year! :)

Fresh off the Destiny 5 nighter.

Historically we have done the 4 nighter and 3 nighter the past few times. Love the 7 nighter.

Any length for us so far has counted towards platinum. Just took my 12th !!!!!

The destiny had the captains thingy on the promenade as someone mentioned and there was a past guest party.

There was no past guest party on the imagination this past February.

We did a 5 day Esctacy with a 4 day "Chaser" B2B. The 4 day cruise felt like it was over as soon as it started.

The best thing about a 4 day cruise is that it is one day longer than a 3 day! Strange thing is that because they usually go over a weekend, they are more in demand than the five day cruises, and often cost more than the fives! EM

Archived