Missing Balconies?

tetons

Looking for something different next February. Love cruising on the larger ships because I like to sit on the private balconies and relax on sea days or after excursions. Since the Windstar is more of a large yacht, are there enough chairs, loungers on decks to sit outside? Is everyday a port day on the St. Martin one?

I have never had a problem finding someplace to sit on the Windstar ships. Are you asking if there are any "at sea" days on the St. Martin intinerary? You can find this out by going to the Windstar webpage and looking at it. There are no "at sea" days for this itinerary.

Looking for something different next February. Love cruising on the larger ships because I like to sit on the private balconies and relax on sea days or after excursions. Since the Windstar is more of a large yacht, are there enough chairs, loungers on decks to sit outside? Is everyday a port day on the St. Martin one?

We wondered if we would miss a balcony, but we absolutely didn't. The feel of the smaller ship, overall ambience and uncrowded (and relaxed) approach meant we didn't need that haven. We were looking for something different too and Windstar fit the bill for us. Enjoy!

Agree completely with 6rugrats and Mike2131.

On a bigger cruise ship, we always spring for the balcony suites, but don't miss them on Windstar. You are essentially on your own private sailing yacht (that you're on with 100+ new friends).

In my experiences on Windstar, I've never had a problem finding a secluded spot to watch the waves go by, nor a problem finding a friendly, laid-back group to socialize with, depending on my mood.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

We've sailed on Windstar, loved it, and are planning another Windstar cruise, but would love it a bit more if there were balconies. Have you considered Star Clipper's flagship Royal Clipper? It has twelve deluxe cabins with balconies. Still, we agree with the previous poster that even without balconies, Windstar is terrific.

• 2 weeks later...

We sail them all but for different reasons, the Windstar vessels are so neat you will never miss a balcony, one flight up you have the biggest balcony there is, the aft deck. One of my favorite cruise experiences ever is just hanging out back there by the little bar and meeting the other folks. We have made many great friends from Windstar cruises. We are planning another after several big boat cruises, it just time for another Windstar "fix".

Capt Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Windstar!!! You do not need balcony. The whole ship is a balcony on deck! Windstar with max 168 passengers is a private yacht, wonderfull ambiance... You will never forget Windstar!!

Archived