Back from Liberty Ship : Long Run and Gun Review

elcuchio24

I'm so excited for our turn on this trip!!!! We fly out in 99 days :). Woo hoo double digits!!

Thanks for the awesome review!

It's an awesome ship and itinerary. We really liked HMC, so glad we made it there.

Sorry for the long wait on reply Casey9--

we made 3 claims for OBC and they all got approved, leaving us with a big chunk of OBC, which was about the best thing ever!:)

elcuchio24

Your posts are like a good book....you can't wait for the next chapter and it's hard to put it down. Thank you for sharing.

We (party of 10) sail to the same ports in July (10th - 17th) and I can't wait.

You posted earlier about the OBCs. Can you elaborate on the best way to determine if you're eligible, how you apply, and how you know if they are indeed "approved"?

elcuchio24

Your posts are like a good book....you can't wait for the next chapter and it's hard to put it down. Thank you for sharing.

We (party of 10) sail to the same ports in July (10th - 17th) and I can't wait.

You posted earlier about the OBCs. Can you elaborate on the best way to determine if you're eligible, how you apply, and how you know if they are indeed "approved"?

Carolina, thanks so much! You are going to really like those ports, some oldies and goodies and a couple new ones for us like HMC and Grand Turk.

As far as the OBC goes, I will tell you what I did. Obviously booked Early Saver. I made several claims as our sail date got closer and the price dropped pretty decently. I put ES claims in for a past guest rate, Senior Rate, and a Missouri rate, all got approved. Some people on CC roasted me for making these claims, since obviously I am not from Missouri or a senior, but carnival said it was fine since it was an advertised rate and I confirmed this with Guest Services once I boarded.

From what I hear it really depends on who reviews your ES claim. Once your on the ship the onboard staff doesn't know where your OBC came from and doesn't care. I have booked ES three times and made out well with OBC every time, I will always book ES!

I really enjoyed your well written, humorous and informative review. DW & I'll be sailing on the Liberty in '11 and yes I'll be running to the lido buffet every morning too. We sailed her in '07 and loved it.

Happy sailing, Cruisinbuddy

I really enjoyed your well written, humorous and informative review. DW & I'll be sailing on the Liberty in '11 and yes I'll be running to the lido buffet every morning too. We sailed her in '07 and loved it.

Happy sailing, Cruisinbuddy

Thanks Cruisinbudy, have fun and way to go for doing your husbandly duty by fetching breakfast!

Sorry for the long wait on reply Casey9--

You get pretty wet, the horses go so deep they are not touching the bottom and you get pretty well splashed. Your legs/thighs are totally submerged and the rest of you gets pretty wet so don't bring anything you don't want to get wet. Great trip though.

We booked Early Saver and our stateroom catagory fell a couple hundred bucks through various promotions the week before we sailed, we made 3 claims for OBC and they all got approved, leaving us with a big chunk of OBC, which was about the best thing ever!:)

Thank you so much for answering all my questions and giving such an entertaining, thorough review! We are heading out to Miami tomorrow and I'm so glad that I checked back tonight to read the rest of your review. I'm going through the pics now -thanks for sharing them!

Thank you so much for answering all my questions and giving such an entertaining, thorough review! We are heading out to Miami tomorrow and I'm so glad that I checked back tonight to read the rest of your review. I'm going through the pics now -thanks for sharing them!

Thanks Casey9, look forward to reading your review and opinion when you return, have fun!:)

Loved the review. We are doing Liberty Thanksgiving week, although we don't go to HMC. Still waiting to experience that lovely island. It looks beautiful!!!

It's so nice to read an intelligent, well written review. Thanks again!!

Where are the photos? I just went through the entire thread? Did I miss them?

Thanks again!!!

Loved the review. We are doing Liberty Thanksgiving week, although we don't go to HMC. Still waiting to experience that lovely island. It looks beautiful!!!

It's so nice to read an intelligent, well written review. Thanks again!!

Thanks pcrum, thats awesome you are taking a Thanksgiving cruise. We are going to try to take a holiday cruise, probably Christmas before we have kids, looks like a ton of fun. HMC is beautiful, hey just gives you a reason to book another cruise to go there!

I made several claims as our sail date got closer and the price dropped pretty decently. I put ES claims in for a past guest rate, Senior Rate, and a Missouri rate, all got approved. Some people on CC roasted me for making these claims, since obviously I am not from Missouri or a senior, but carnival said it was fine since it was an advertised rate and I confirmed this with Guest Services once I boarded.

From what I hear it really depends on who reviews your ES claim. Once your on the ship the onboard staff doesn't know where your OBC came from and doesn't care. I have booked ES three times and made out well with OBC every time, I will always book ES!

Thanks for the insight Elcuchio24. One additional question with regard to the OBC. You stated that you had "made several claims". Can you tell me how and where you do that. Is there a website on CCL's site? A phone number? Is there a form that has to be filled out?

Also, we booked our July cruise back in November. I'm assuming they gave us a ES discount at that time....so I'm assuming that we wouldn't be eligible for the ES OBC if that were the case.....true?

Thanks again for all the GREAT info!!!

As far as the OBC goes, I will tell you what I did. Obviously booked Early Saver. I made several claims as our sail date got closer and the price dropped pretty decently. I put ES claims in for a past guest rate, Senior Rate, and a Missouri rate, all got approved. Some people on CC roasted me for making these claims, since obviously I am not from Missouri or a senior, but carnival said it was fine since it was an advertised rate and I confirmed this with Guest Services once I boarded.

Wow you learn something new everyday. I thought you could only ask for credit for rates you qualified for. What did you do, check every state to determine if they had cheaper rates? How did you know MO had a cheaper rate?

Wow, what an awsome review, thanks so much for sharing!!! I haven't been on Carnival for awhile, but you sure make me want to go. That itinerary sounds great, been wanting to see Grand Turk, and love the private islands!!! I am waiting for the pictures as well!!!! I am booked on Royal in September to Grand Cayman and Cozymel, your review has really get me ready to go!!!!!

Thanks for the insight Elcuchio24. One additional question with regard to the OBC. You stated that you had "made several claims". Can you tell me how and where you do that. Is there a website on CCL's site? A phone number? Is there a form that has to be filled out?

Also, we booked our July cruise back in November. I'm assuming they gave us a ES discount at that time....so I'm assuming that we wouldn't be eligible for the ES OBC if that were the case.....true?

Thanks again for all the GREAT info!!!

Did you book Early Saver? That is the only rate where you can make OBC claims later on. If you did, and if you see an advertised price lower than what you paid, you go on carnival dot com and there will be an early saver form you will have to fill out saying where you saw the price, etc. Its an online form, super easy to do, all you need is your booking #. Go to early saver and there will be a link to the form.

Monitor your price often on carnival, our price stayed high until a couple weeks before sailing. Sometimes it fluctuated a couple times PER DAY so you really have to stay vigilant if you want to get the most OBC possible. Good luck!!!:)

Wow you learn something new everyday. I thought you could only ask for credit for rates you qualified for. What did you do, check every state to determine if they had cheaper rates? How did you know MO had a cheaper rate?

One of the other folks on my Roll Call had found that Missouri rate, but since then I have heard that Missouri often has better in-state rates than anywhere else. I can't begin to imagine why. Plus, this way you don't actually have to move to Missouri.:)

I did get killed on here for claiming those rates, some told me I was going to get to the port and be denied the OBC, or that it was somehow immoral, but I checked with Guest Services and they said it was fine. I got all the OBC I had claimed.

Wow, what an awsome review, thanks so much for sharing!!! I haven't been on Carnival for awhile, but you sure make me want to go. That itinerary sounds great, been wanting to see Grand Turk, and love the private islands!!! I am waiting for the pictures as well!!!! I am booked on Royal in September to Grand Cayman and Cozymel, your review has really get me ready to go!!!!!

Thanks Tracy--

We hadn't really had a fav line before this trip. The last couple cruises we had had had been on RCL and NCL, hadn't cruised with CCL since 08 I think. But the anytime seating for dinner really brought us back to CCL, and with a good itinerary and price, you really can't beat it. Carnival and anytime dining will be what we book for your next cruise. Have fun on whatever ship you're on!

One of the other folks on my Roll Call had found that Missouri rate, but since then I have heard that Missouri often has better in-state rates than anywhere else. I can't begin to imagine why. Plus, this way you don't actually have to move to Missouri.:)

I did get killed on here for claiming those rates, some told me I was going to get to the port and be denied the OBC, or that it was somehow immoral, but I checked with Guest Services and they said it was fine. I got all the OBC I had claimed.

Well thanks for the information and the great review. I even had my husband read it.

Archived