Help with "Elegant Casual" please

jdaa

What would be a more appropriate "look" for the "Elegant Casual" nights on our summer Mediterranean cruise on the Legend? (1)Cocktail dress with heels; or, (2)Lilly Pultizer sundress with flat sandals? Our cruise documents give the following guideline "Elegant Casual: Jacket, but no tie requested for men; dress, skirt or pants outfit for women".

Sorry, but I don't find the description for women very helpful! :) Can anyone shed some light? If it matters, my husband will likely opt for the "no tie" route.

I think the sundress with flats are perfect for the BBQ.It is held outside on deck with dancing.Also the first and last night would be perfect for a Lilly P.

We were on a Med cruise early Sept last year,most women wore dresses with heels or dressy pants with a nice top.

I don't know if this cruise was the exception to the rule but most women did dress very nicely.

Ties were only required on Black tie night.

Enjoy

I agree. I've worn cocktail dresses, evening gowns, and silk slacks on formal nights and never felt out of place. A cocktail dress would be to dressy for "elegant casual." I agree that the description given in the brochure is not helpful. As I recall, my husband does not usually wear a tie on ec nights.

We were on a Med cruise early Sept last year,most women wore dresses with heels or dressy pants with a nice top.

most women did dress very nicely.

This is the Seabourn way.

Guests attire is more on the dressy side,particularly on the smaller ships.

On the newer larger ship the words Elegant Casual did split the dress code.

Some were elegant and some were casual.It did not work for me.

I always wear a tie with a jacket on elegant casual nights and a jacket without a tie on casual nights.My wife always wears a cocktail dress with heels on elegant casual nights.

As long as you stay in the guidelines wear what you feel most comfortable wearing. A jacket without tie is perfect for elegant casual for men and a less dressy dress works for women. Worry less about fitting in than about having a good time.

As long as you stay in the guidelines wear what you feel most comfortable wearing. A jacket without tie is perfect for elegant casual for men and a less dressy dress works for women. Worry less about fitting in than about having a good time.

Wear nothing, and you'll get the best service in the restaurant.:D

>"I always wear a tie with a jacket on elegant casual nights"

I hope it's a Lily Pulitzer tie.

Good one Jane. I packed Guy's Lily tie on our cruise in March. I'm afraid it never made it to the dining room. Hopefully it made it home. I love the tie:) (my colors), for some reason Guy isn't that excited about it. Bought it a few years ago and it's still in it's wrapper unopened. :rolleyes:

Good one Jane. I packed Guy's Lily tie on our cruise in March. I'm afraid it never made it to the dining room. Hopefully it made it home. I love the tie:) (my colors)' date=' for some reason Guy isn't that excited about it. Bought it a few years ago and it's still in it's wrapper unopened. [/font']:rolleyes:

OKAY..Don takes a hit..via me. Years ago I bought him a hot pink Lily P. Jacket..with a very vibrant lining...strangely..in those years..it was a huge hit..and he was an envy. As the years progressed and the darned thing was as new as in the beginning...we were sellng our home in the Cayman Islands..and I said..okay..lets leave the pink jacket behind..and give someone else the pleasure of it's glory. We still chuckle when we wonder who was the proud recipient. Lola

OKAY..Don takes a hit..via me. Years ago I bought him a hot pink Lily P. Jacket..with a very vibrant lining...strangely..in those years..it was a huge hit..and he was an envy. As the years progressed and the darned thing was as new as in the beginning...we were sellng our home in the Cayman Islands..and I said..okay..lets leave the pink jacket behind..and give someone else the pleasure of it's glory. We still chuckle when we wonder who was the proud recipient. Lola

I'm hoping against hope that the new owner wasn't called Fido :D

Lola, lets meet on another cruise on SB. I'd love to hear more stories about you and Don. I know I would have loved the LP Pink jacket.

Shirley

Archived