With all this talk about confiscated items have to share....

MamaTene

Sailed on Glory April 4-11. Recvd a call in the cabin from Guest Services about 4:30 or so asking me to come to Guest Services to meet with Security as they had an issue regarding my checked luggage. I thought perhaps the piece of luggage that contained the bottled water and 2 twelve packs of pop had leaked or something.

Head of Security met me along with 2 other security staff members. Ask to see my id, scanned the sign and sail card and told me to follow them. HOLY CRAP...what the heck is going on!

They walk me off the ship into the embarkation area and then thru all of these tunnels..we end up in the disembarkaton area. All the while they are asking me questions.."Did you bring an iron on board? Alcohol? Steamer? Knife?" Nope to all ..."How about tools?" I answered well I have a little tool kit that has handle with various heads that you screw on..like a hammer, screw driver, etc. They said..well lets see now..

Finally end up in an area where ALL THE LUGGAGE is scanned before it is loaded onboard for delv to the cabins. There is my bag sitting there...all by its lonesome self. They show me a scan of the piece and honest to god it looks like I have A COMPLETE LARGE TOOL KIT in my luggage. The scanner magnifies the size of everything! They said.."You planning on disassemling the cabin?" LOL! They had me open the luggage in front of them and we all had a good laugh when they saw that the kit was no bigger than 6 inches total!

Sailed on Glory April 4-11. Recvd a call about in the cabin from Guest Services about 4:30 or so asking me to come to Guest Services to meet with Security as they had an issue regarding my checked luggage. I thought perhaps the piece of luggage that contained the bottled water and 2 twelve packs of pop had leaked or something.

Head of Security met me along with 2 other security staff members. Ask to see my id, scanned the sign and sail card and told me to follow them. HOLY CRAP...what the heck is going on!

They walk me off the ship into the embarkation area and then thru all of these tunnels..we end up in the disembarkaton area. All the while they are asking me questions.."Did you bring an iron on board? Alcohol? Steamer? Knife?" Nope to all ..."How about tools?" I answered well I have a little tool kit that has handle with various heads that you screw on..like a hammer, screw driver, etc. They said..well lets see now..

Finally end up in an area where ALL THE LUGGAGE is scanned before it is loaded onboard for delv to the cabins. There is my bag sitting there...all by its lonesome self. They show me a scan of the piece and honest to god it looks like I have A COMPLETE LARGE TOOL KIT in my luggage. The scanner magnifies the size of everything! They said.."You planning on disassemling the cabin?" LOL! They had me open the luggage in front of them and we all had a good laugh when they saw that the kit was no bigger than 6 inches total!

I bet that was a stressful situation!!! Good that you could laugh about it at the end...but, I'm such a paranoid person, I probably would have been in tears thinking I was going to be kicked off the ship because someone had planted something in my luggage!

Ashley :)

Oh no! My little fan!

It'll look like a box fan...

Hope nobody brings any sex toys!

Shay

We were boarding American Airlines for our first cruise. There was a table beside the area we were waiting to check our luggage. Security had a lady open her luggage, and she had a dildo in a ziploc bag that was pulled out in front of everyone. Her male friend and others in the group were laughing very loud, then she started crying. It was very fun to watch.

Oh no! My little fan!

It'll look like a box fan...

Hope nobody brings any sex toys!

Shay

On NCL Majesty I along with 300 others was called to the naughty room. My self for a plastic bottle of apple juice.

Being the only married guy with my wifes seven female friends !

Those gals were loaded for bear ! The things that security took out of those bags was not for young eyes :D

We met a couple on the Inspiration who had a similar experience. The husband was summoned by security and taken off the ship. The wife wanted to go with him but was told to stay on board. He said there was a whole group of security people surrounding him asking him what he had packed in his suitcase - like maybe a knife? (Meanwhile, on board the wife is freaking out - trying to guess what could possibly be in their luggage. They had borrowed a suitcase from her FIL and she is panicking thinking maybe there was a gun in it that she didn't know about. She knew they hadn't packed anything.)

So, they open up the suitcase and there were his wife's sewing scissors. They had been handed down from her grandmother and were quite large. She had brought them because she needed to finish some sewing on one of her dresses. They confiscated the scissors but told them they could get them back after the cruise.

We met this couple at the muster drill in a lounge, and he was still quite shaken up.

We were boarding American Airlines for our first cruise. There was a table beside the area we were waiting to check our luggage. Security had a lady open her luggage, and she had a dildo in a ziploc bag that was pulled out in front of everyone. Her male friend and others in the group were laughing very loud, then she started crying. It was very fun to watch.

I might be tempted to laugh at first, but I think I would feel bad for her if she was crying, and it wouldn't seem all that much "fun" anymore.:(

The exact same scenerio happened to me on my last cruise on the Glory. Head of security and all. I had a little 4 inch dive knife in my luggage. They kept it for the duration of the cruise. They were very nice about it. By the way the same bag was full of plastic vodka bottles.

It maybe a good thing they took you to other than the head of security's office. I had to go there once... It is very small! I took a friend of mine with me. He, I and head of security, along with 2 desks completely filled the space!! Quite Small!

As for being led off the ship. That would have had me quite nervous too!:eek:

Archived