Services for hearing impaired

Hi

Just want to saying that my daughter have an cochlear implant... She is 11 years old and she had it when she was 2 half years old... She love it...

We are deaf family apart from hearing son and we had been cruise with disney 4th times but we get two wonderful interpreter which from usa...

Of course, our sign laugauges was different but we exchange our sign and we had the fun...

We booked rcci Freedom of the seas and we did asked for special services and we don't know if they will provides us?

Scottishwee35

I am not deaf and do not sign, but I often have a hard time understanding other people's words. When I ask people to repeat themselves, they do that at the same volune, never changing anything in the way they talk. It is extremely frustrating and annoying and not improved by wearing hearing aids. As much as I want to go to demonstrations, classes and lectures onboard and tours in ports, I worry about the possibility my hearing loss is going to ruin all the fun. Is there some way to make sure this will not be a problem with the instructors, lecturers, and tour guides so I can hear everything they say?

Not sure where you live but try your state's disabilities agencies. There are agencies who work with hearing impaire dto get appropriate devices. Also some can assist in obtaining loans at low rates that cover the costs of the more expensive aids. Consult your doctor and get a test to determine your needs.

You need to take charge and speak up if you can't hear what's being said at lecturers or on tours. Also try to sit/stand as close to the front or by a speaker as you can.

As an alternative, there are listening devices on the market that amplify sound and do not cost a lot. Just be aware that these devices are essentially low end hearing aids and function like a microphone in picking up all sounds near them. So if there is a lot of backgorund noise, you have to filter it out yourself or suffer through it.

Archived