Glory Questions

jmunson

Can someone help this 1st time cruiser with a couple of Carnival/Glory questions? Keep hearing rumors, can we still bring a steamer aboard? How about flat irons and curling irons?

Also, I am assuming the MDR is the Golden Restaurant? So what is the Red Sail Restaurant and Platinum Restaurant? Just a little confused as to what is open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks for the info.

hi. the red sail is the buffet on lido deck, for all meals. the platinum and golden are MDR, both for dinner. one of the MDR will serve breakfast every day, and lunch on sea days also, i think. and of course, the 24 hr pizza, 24 room service, and icecream...have a great cruise!...we are a week behind you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24411235#post24411235

I'm continually amazed that these great All Things Shipname threads are allowed to just slide into oblivion, yet there's no problem with having the same, repetitive and/or totally pointless threads posted every day.

Anyway, OP, there's lots of useful information about Glory in that thread. She's a lovely ship that just seems to have a good "vibe" about her. Loved her and wasn't even sure before I cruised that I would even like her! Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24411235#post24411235

I'm continually amazed that these great All Things Shipname threads are allowed to just slide into oblivion, yet there's no problem with having the same, repetitive and/or totally pointless threads posted every day.

Anyway, OP, there's lots of useful information about Glory in that thread. She's a lovely ship that just seems to have a good "vibe" about her. Loved her and wasn't even sure before I cruised that I would even like her! Enjoy!

:eek:

Thanks to those of you who answered my questions. It is appreciated. I have been on these boards for months preparing for our first cruise. Just when you think you have everything down pat, you find a thread by people stating how their flat irons were taken, that "household" items could include steamers. I never found anything that actually put a name to the MDR. I didn't even know the MDR could be more than one with two different names. So I apologize if this was repetitive, but the search mode isn't the greatest on this site. And, sometimes when you are reading a variety of reports it is just easier to ask. Again, thank you.

Can someone help this 1st time cruiser with a couple of Carnival/Glory questions? Keep hearing rumors, can we still bring a steamer aboard? How about flat irons and curling irons?

Also, I am assuming the MDR is the Golden Restaurant? So what is the Red Sail Restaurant and Platinum Restaurant? Just a little confused as to what is open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks for the info.

I was on the Glory 4/25-5/2/10. I took a travel steamer and curling irons and they were not taken from me. Also, on my sailing, the Golden Restaurant was for the "Anytime Dining" and the Platinum Restaurant served breakfast and the early and late seating dinners. The Red Sail is for the breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets.

Have a great cruise!

We were on the Glory last year and loved it! Enjoy your time. I have some pictures in my review on my signature line if you are interested!

Have a wonderful cruise.

:D

I was on the Glory 4/25-5/2/10. I took a travel steamer and curling irons and they were not taken from me. Also, on my sailing, the Golden Restaurant was for the "Anytime Dining" and the Platinum Restaurant served breakfast and the early and late seating dinners. The Red Sail is for the breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you. This is the straightforward info I was looking for. Thanks so much.

We were on the Glory last year and loved it! Enjoy your time. I have some pictures in my review on my signature line if you are interested!

Have a wonderful cruise.

:D

Thank you, Tammi. I am enjoying your review and pics. Only on page 4, but must head to bed. Will finish it tomorrow. I'm so excited. We leave in 2 days.

Archived