Response from Celebrity on Coffee in Packages

2cruiserz

I inquired both via email and phone in regards to the coffee for the classic and premium packages. Below is the response I received via email:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

In regards to your inquiry, Premium Coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochacinos, etc. Specialty Coffee refers to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahla liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti. Selections vary by class of ship.

Guests with a beverage package are limited to one (1-liter) bottle when exiting the ship in the ports of call.

This response was different from that on the phone. On the phone I was told the classic is just the flavored coffee and the premium is the lattes, cappuccinos, etc.

Has anyone else heard? I need a tie breaker ;)

This is now written on the website in the FAQ section on beverage packages.

In regards to your inquiry, Premium Coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochacinos, etc. Specialty Coffee refers to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahla liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti. Selections vary by class of ship. This is now written on the website in the FAQ section on beverage packages.

Guests with a beverage package are limited to one (1-liter) bottle when exiting the ship in the ports of call.

Do you mean one (1-liter) bottle of water?

Interesting that they refer to the "specialty coffee" as the ones that are alcohol based but they are also included in the "Premium Non-Alcoholic" package. :confused: We are sailing on the Solstice on the 23rd and I bought the "Premium Non-Alcoholic" package. I guess I'll find out next week! :D

Suggestion::

Bring your Hard Copies..

On the Landline they have lets say...a different clerk each time with an answer not like the last one you had..even if it was a few days or few minutes...

If your going to the Annual Meeting of the parent ( RCL :NYSE) in Miami on y 20th, 2010 coming.. please ask there.

What better answer than from the Principles, Directors and/or Officers.

If you do go please ask what happened to the Quality Celebrity had been Noted for and which Won a Few Important Culinary Awards years ago ?

It was the Pinnacle of the industry!

;)

I inquired both via email and phone in regards to the coffee for the classic and premium packages. Below is the response I received via email:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

In regards to your inquiry, Premium Coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochacinos, etc. Specialty Coffee refers to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahla liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti. Selections vary by class of ship.

This response was different from that on the phone. On the phone I was told the classic is just the flavored coffee and the premium is the lattes, cappuccinos, etc.

Has anyone else heard? I need a tie breaker ;)

My husband loves Chai. Does anyone know if they have this at the Cova Cafe and if it is included in the non-alcohol drink packages? And can you ask for decaf specialty drinks? It also lists smoothies, are those only available in certain places and are they "real" ones with fresh fruit and yogurt? Sorry for all the questions, but it may make things worth it for us if it includes the types and quality of drinks we enjoy! :)

On the Celebritycruises.co.uk site it states "specialty non-alcoholic coffee drinks" in the Premium Non_Alcoholic Package but it does not say anything is the Classic Package about coffee at all but it would make sense that you could buy a coffee with alcohol in for $8.00.

As a result of extensive research and past guests’ feedback, Celebrity Cruises has created four brand-new drinks packages. These include two classic options and two premium options.

The “Classic Non-Alcoholic Package” features fountain and canned fizzy drinks, bottled and fresh-squeezed juices, premium coffee and bottled water, and is available at $14.95 per person, per day.

The “Premium Non-Alcoholic Package” includes everything in the classic non-alcoholic package plus specialty non-alcoholic coffee drinks, additional name-brand bottled water choices, canned energy drinks and flavoured bottled water offerings, smoothies and frozen non-alcoholic drinks, and is available at $18.40 per person, per day.

Celebrity Cruises’ new “Classic Package” features everything in the classic non-alcoholic package plus beers with a retail value of up to five US dollars per serving and spirits, cocktails, and wines by the glass with a retail value of up to eight US dollars per serving, and costs guests $44.85 per person, per day.

The “Premium Package” features all the premium beverages in the premium non-alcoholic package plus all beers, and spirits, cocktails, and wines by the glass with a retail value of up to 12 US dollars per serving, and is available for $56.35 per person, per day. All prices include a standard 15 percent service charge.

Okay, here's my confusion...

The Classic non-alcohol package does not include smoothies.

The Premium non-alcohol package includes smoothies.

The Classic alcohol package includes everything from the Classic non-alcohol AND some alcohol.

I personally have no need of the Premium alcohol package.

I want a package that includes smoothies and alcohol, but I don't need or want the Premium Alcohol Package! EEPS! :confused:

Do I have to decide between these two options?

1) the Premium non-alcohol package (and pay for alcohol per drink) OR

2) the Classic alcohol package (and pay for frozen non-alcohol drinks per drink)

Anyone know what the price of non-alcoholic frozen drinks?

Okay, here's my confusion...

The Classic non-alcohol package does not include smoothies.

The Premium non-alcohol package includes smoothies.

The Classic alcohol package includes everything from the Classic non-alcohol AND some alcohol.

I personally have no need of the Premium alcohol package.

I want a package that includes smoothies and alcohol, but I don't need or want the Premium Alcohol Package! EEPS! :confused:

Do I have to decide between these two options?

1) the Premium non-alcohol package (and pay for alcohol per drink) OR

2) the Classic alcohol package (and pay for frozen non-alcohol drinks per drink)

Anyone know what the price of non-alcoholic frozen drinks?[/quotme]

My understanding is all you need is the classic alcohol package. That should include everything in both of the non alcohol packages.

My understanding is all you need is the classic alcohol package. That should include everything in both of the non alcohol packages.

I would think it would, but the wording (like almost everything else on Celebrity's website) is confusing. The website says that the classic alcohol package includes everything from the classic non-alcohol package plus the alcohol. I think it should (if what you say is true) say that the classic alcohol package includes everthing from the PREMIUM non-alcohol package plus alcohol.

And I do hope you're right! :cool:

Before Celebrity posts new policies on its website, they should let some of us CCer's read and point out possible confusions. There are just too many threads on here where everyone is trying to figure out what Celebrity really means. Even their own customer service reps aren't consistent in their answers.

Archived