new prohibited item list

smd1234

I have decided to make this whole thing a non issue. I am going to bring along my Honda Power Generator and make my own electricity. If anyone wants to hook up with me, the generator will be on the balcony and we can just string some extention cords along the outside of the ship. Hope this helps!

I have decided to make this whole thing a non issue. I am going to bring along my Honda Power Generator and make my own electricity. If anyone wants to hook up with me, the generator will be on the balcony and we can just string some extention cords along the outside of the ship. Hope this helps!

I'll bring the blender:D:D

Well if you do that I will be smoking my cigars right next to you.... how rude!

;) (<---- means im kidding)

(Don't know if someone mentioned this theory or not) Maybe the so called "electrical problems" they were having was the hair dryers interfering with the navigation systems causing them to bump into things and almost hit submerged bouys???;)

(Don't know if someone mentioned this theory or not) Maybe the so called "electrical problems" they were having was the hair dryers interfering with the navigation systems causing them to bump into things and almost hit submerged bouys???;)

I assume this is a joke? Thats about as likely as a GameBoy taking down a 747.....

What constitutes a hazard? According to de la Cruz, "things that would raise concern include (but are not necessarily limited to): items in poor condition or otherwise appearing to be a potential fire hazard; an excessive amount of electronic items connected to power sources/overloaded multi-plugs, extension cords, etc."

When we did the Carnival Dream back in April, there were 2 outlets in the whole cabin, one was a 220 volt outlet and the other was a 110 volt outlet!!! THAT'S IT!! On a ship that just hit the water last September!!???

In our Dream cabin, that one outlet was so low on the desk that you could not plug anything that had one of those box type plugs on it without some sort of adapter. That ONE outlet was also a good 10 feet from the bed. I couldn't imagine that someone who needed a CPAP machine would probably need at least a 15 foot cord to comfortably use it in bed, and that is only if you laid on the edge and didn't roll over.

Well I guess this is a good reason we don't cruise with Carnival, just more reasons to stay with RCCL:)

.....so why are you here on the Carnival boards and so interested in Carnival?? Why aren't you on the RCCL boards???? It seems to me that someone who didn't sail on Carnival wouldn't want to hang out on the Carnival board...you would be on the RCCL boards.

...We only sail on Carnival, and have never been to the other boards. We have no need to visit other boards for other cruise lines. If you are a true RCCL customer, what is the need to be on the Carnival boards except to make inflammatory statements to people who enjoy Carnival? :cool:

Well I guess this is a good reason we don't cruise with Carnival, just more reasons to stay with RCCL:)

Great! More Bitter and Blanc for me!! :D

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how worked up people are about this. Doesn't anyone remember that the world was spnning just fine before things like cell phones? Guess what, it will keep spinning if Carnival doesn't want this gadget or that plug on their ships. It'll all be fine. Really. I promise.

If you can't leave home without two cells phones, two digital cameras, a laptop (or two), a curling iron, a hair dryer, a fan, an iron, a coffee maker, and a clothes steamer.... and maybe plus all the same for each of your kids.... all of which absolutely must be totally charged at all times of course... I'd like to suggest as gently as possible that you rethink your ideas about vacation. How can you smell the roses over all the ions?

"• Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution."

Does anybody use any of these with wild abandon? I guess if you were to walk through crowded areas swinging a heavy camera or camcorder around your head or set up a tripod blocking the buffet line, that would exceed the threshold of "proper caution", but really....

My guess it is mostly a case of somebody in the main office calculating that if they cut power usage by 5%, they could save 1000 gallons of fuel per sailing without considering the panic generated my threatening hallowed items like hair dryers and curling irons.

Dave

Great! More Bitter and Blanc for me!! :D

Oh my, I hope you'll share with me. :eek:

I tried it on a dare and was blown away.

Never thought I would like anything that had bread pudding in the description. It was so good, we talked them into having it again on the last night. ;)

Reggie :D

I think this is more about money than anything else is. Can’t bring your iron, they will be happy to press your clothes. No curling iron or flat iron, they will fix your hair in the salon. The problem I have with this is the only fire I can think of in recent years was on Princess, which was started by a discarded cigarette. However Carnival and Princess still allow smoking in the cabin which in my opinion makes me question their "concern" about safety. Smoking in cabin has the potential to cause a fire and in fact has and unfortunately one passenger passed away as a result and that is allowed but god forbid I want to charge my cell phone. If safety is really a concern than go all the way and ban smoking in the cabins.

I know I am going to get flamed by smokers…pun intended.

I think this is more about money than anything else is. Can’t bring your iron, they will be happy to press your clothes. No curling iron or flat iron, they will fix your hair in the salon. The problem I have with this is the only fire I can think of in recent years was on Princess, which was started by a discarded cigarette. However Carnival and Princess still allow smoking in the cabin which in my opinion makes me question their "concern" about safety. Smoking in cabin has the potential to cause a fire and in fact has and unfortunately one passenger passed away as a result and that is allowed but god forbid I want to charge my cell phone. If safety is really a concern than go all the way and ban smoking in the cabins.

I know I am going to get flamed by smokers…pun intended.

You are partially correct. I believe some lines you can smoke in the cabins and some you can not?

Maybe that's what caused the accident between Splendor & Radiance of the Seas earlier this year:eek:

[url=http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Appliances/Mini-Pro-Tourmaline-Ceramic-Styler/ID=prod5446485&navCount=1&navAction=push-product?V=G&ec=bz_&srccode=cii_10043468&cpncode=17-53156784-2][/url]

I just purchased this Conair Mini Pro hair dryer (although I got bought it at Nordstrom Rack) because of its size and its very lightweight .

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Appliances/Mini-Pro-Tourmaline-Ceramic-Styler/ID=prod5446485&navCount=1&navAction=push-product?V=G&ec=bz_&srccode=cii_10043468&cpncode=17-53156784-2

The high heat setting is more like a medium setting on a regular dryer, but it does put out as much air as my full size 1875 dryer. The website says its 1200 watts, but I don't see where it says it on the actual dryer. I've used it at home and it worked just as well as my full size dryer. I will be taking it with me next weekend on my cruise and see if the electrical power is as powerful on the ship...that is if they don't take it from me.

The only thing that's really gone is the clothes steamer. I've brought one on the past nine Carnival cruises and never used it once... after all... there are irons available.

Personally, I think kudos are in order for a sensible resolution...

:)

Sorry, Mach, I'm going to disagree with you just this once.

The clothes steamer is important to me. You can't iron my velvet formal gowns, my organza shawls, or my husband's tux (round sleeves on the jackets without creases). I shouldn't have to pay to send these to the cleaners onboard just because they won't let me bring my European steamer that uses salt to produce more steam with much less heat than a clothes iron.

Plus, the hairdryers on board are unusable. Not only are they not powerful enough, you have to hold the on button down the whole time you're using it. This makes it even more tedious.

I need a hair straightener that gets really hot, or else it won't straighten my hair.

If they want me to dress for their portraits, they'll need to allow me to get presentable in the privacy of my cabin like I would normally do.

Taking a cruise shouldn't mean "doing without" as if I were going camping.

Archived