Passports

redsox85

I applied for my pass port 2 and half weeks ago. Web site said it would take four to six weeks. Just checked and it said I should recieve my passport on 05/19. Very happy it just took a little over three weeks. I can now book my cruise for next month.

It seems like they always overestimate the time you'll get the passport. 3 weeks has been the more usual time, over the past year.

It's no different than a company that says "allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery", they are covering their bases in the event of unanticipated delays in the process.

My sister in law just got notice that hers is delayed because they need more information. They go a copy of her id, ss card and birth certificate but that was not enough. Now she needs to send them anything that has her name on it from medical records to pay stubs. I think this is because she has no banking records or credit history. I hope she gets it because I paid for her trip and would hate to see her miss out...

we got ours in less than 2 weeks! This was about a month ago now but I could not believe how fast we got them!

There are 7 of us that went to order them and got them all back in no time!

The closer to summer travel time the longer the wait for passports as people tend to not think ahead if a passport is required.

I work at the Post Office so I know, don't wait, get it now even if you're travelling in the autumn, to wait is to worry something might go wrong.... :eek:

Archived