HMC Removed from itinerary

pcrum

We booked the 3/27/11 Glory cruise for spring break, which was scheduled to visit Half Moon Cay. Now, that port has been changed to Nassau on the 3/27/11 sailing only. Every other sailing in March as well as the week after ours in April, 2011 is going to HMC. Does anyone have any insight as to why this was changed? We have to sail this week, due to being tied to the spring break school schedules and no other Carnival cruises are going to HMC that week, so changing ships is not an option. Not a huge deal, I'm sure we'll make it to HMC eventually, but it is just frustrating that the one week we can travel is the week that HMC has been removed.

Just wondered if experienced cruisers knew why the itineraries are changed (especially so far in advance). Thanks.

If all Carnival ships are bypassing HMC that week maybe there is some construction/maintenance going on or HAL wants it for that week (it is their island).

You may be able to get more insight on the HAL board.

If all Carnival ships are bypassing HMC that week maybe there is some construction/maintenance going on or HAL wants it for that week (it is their island).

Thanks. I did check the HAL itineraries and they have several ships visiting HMC that week, so perhaps they want to avoid over crowding and have cut Carnival off!! Maybe next time if I want to be assured of visiting HMC, I will have to book HAL.

Thanks again.

We booked the 3/27/11 Glory cruise for spring break, which was scheduled to visit Half Moon Cay. Now, that port has been changed to Nassau on the 3/27/11 sailing only. Every other sailing in March as well as the week after ours in April, 2011 is going to HMC. Does anyone have any insight as to why this was changed? We have to sail this week, due to being tied to the spring break school schedules and no other Carnival cruises are going to HMC that week, so changing ships is not an option. Not a huge deal, I'm sure we'll make it to HMC eventually, but it is just frustrating that the one week we can travel is the week that HMC has been removed.

Just wondered if experienced cruisers knew why the itineraries are changed (especially so far in advance). Thanks.

It may be that they really do not want a Spring break crowd at the private island, and would rather turn them loose in Nassua. :eek::p

So sorry that you're missing a port you wanted to visit. And I hope you get there eventually. We were there 4/25 and had a blast. We were so happy to be the lucky ones to got the Private Oasis. See some pics here. Maybe making one of these your desktop photo will help? :o

29446_122452671100175_100000063284123_295956_4261652_s.jpg.ee09f5e895fa260309d8d78d12872cb8.jpg

29446_122452637766845_100000063284123_295950_392091_n.jpg.aaadcfd43a748ebd344722ada05df675.jpg

29446_122452687766840_100000063284123_295960_7966503_n.jpg.025f0c48c89bc146bbc44684b49e2734.jpg

29446_122452684433507_100000063284123_295959_403643_n.jpg.431a5ab3ac6be86894ed9bd7a6f932ff.jpg

I've been looking into HMC. The Glory has move HMC off of most of its sailings including a Feb 2011 CC group one. It goes there Dec 2010 and then goes to Nassau for its Eastern sailing until April/May 2011 when it goes back to HMC for 3 sailings and then 3 more November/Dec 2011. The Eastern dates in between and for 2012 go to Nassau. Liberty goes to HMC more often.

Perhaps the THIRD TIME WILL BE THE CHARM for us w/regard to HMC - though she's not currently in our future.

We have had HMC on our itinerary twice. One of those times the ship had to miss it due to rough seas, the second time (Elation from Port Canaveral), they canceled our cruise and moved the ship to another port.

Tom

Nieuw Amsterdam will be there on March 28, 2011. Although they do schedule two ships max at HMC, they supposedly never mix HAL with Carnival. EM

I could see where even two ships would be confusing. We have been there a couple of times, but we were the only ship in port. On the tender boat was Carnival employees from the ship that came with us to be the bar staff, gift shop sales etc. You used your sign and sail card and there was no cash allowed even in the gift shop, you had to use your S & S card. Our ship actually shipped the buffet to the island from our ship in large pans and set it up on the island. I would think it would be nightmare to even have two different Carnival ships there. I suppose they could have two different charge terminals so that the sales were kept separate. If you had 2000 people from different cruise lines mingling, I can't imagine how you would handle the buffets for sure. I always thought it was a 1 ship port which also might account for the change in itinerary. The way it is set up with VERY restricted access on small tenders, it is already crazy when it gets close to the end of the port time. It takes many tender boats to ferry everyone back and it takes along time. That is with people going to one ship. Can't even imagine the chaos of even two Carnival ships there.

So sorry that you're missing a port you wanted to visit. And I hope you get there eventually. We were there 4/25 and had a blast. We were so happy to be the lucky ones to got the Private Oasis. See some pics here. Maybe making one of these your desktop photo will help? :o

[ATTACH]156095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]156096[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]156097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]156098[/ATTACH]

we had the private oasis there last year! LOVED IT!!! OMG it was soooo awesome! except people kept coming to use our slide which became a problem at one point! that really was a slice of HEAVEN- I want to live there LOL

[ATTACH]156095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]156096[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]156097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]156098[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the photos! HMC looks lovely!!! We will get there one day!!

Thanks. I did check the HAL itineraries and they have several ships visiting HMC that week, so perhaps they want to avoid over crowding and have cut Carnival off!! Maybe next time if I want to be assured of visiting HMC, I will have to book HAL.

Thanks again.

We sailed HAL in December on an itinerary that included HMC, but the captain cancelled our stop there. Don't think that booking HAL will guarantee you stopping there.

I wish Carnival would get better access to HMC, but HAL gets first dibs. If they add a ship and want HMC as a port, HAL gets it and Carnival has to move the ship to Nassau or Freeport.

Carnival needs to either buy their own Bahamian island, much like HAL, Princess and NCL. They can make a place like HMC and give it a run for the best island....Wonder if Carnival has thought of that, or maybe start using Princess's private islands!!!!

When there are two ships at HMC, the first ship there provides the food and gets to use the resident tenders. The second ships uses it's own boats. I was there on Oosterdam but we were late, due to having to spend several extra hours in FLL loading supplies for our TA. Noordam had already been there several hours when we arrived. WE used our own tenders, but by the time we were leaving, tenders were alternating ships so we got to use the big tenders, too. EM

Sometimes it's cancelled due to weather. and apparently that happens fairly often.

Shay

I can fully understand canceling a port due to bad weather. Certainly don't want to endanger anyone. It is rather irritating to see a port removed more than a year prior to sailing. I guess HAL claimed the island for that day!

I've been looking into HMC. The Glory has move HMC off of most of its sailings including a Feb 2011 CC group one...

When we were organizing the CC Group Cruise HMC was definately a plus and we were dissapointed when it was swiched with Nassau...

BUT...

The Feb 27, 2011 "Fun N Glory" Cruise is now also going to be a John Heald Bloggers Cruise too.

Anyone booking the CC Cruise will get all the amenities and also be able to attend the Bloggers activities.

So, since the destination is the Ship to me. I'm a pretty happy Camper.

Hope to see some of you there.

To you lucky ones who have booked the Oasis on HMC ... Would you be able to tell us the cost? We will be on Liberty for spring break next year and are hoping to be lucky enough to book it. We know you must wait to book onboard, but haven't been able to find out much it costs. If anyone is able to provide this info, it would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Lori

To you lucky ones who have booked the Oasis on HMC ... Would you be able to tell us the cost? We will be on Liberty for spring break next year and are hoping to be lucky enough to book it. We know you must wait to book onboard, but haven't been able to find out much it costs. If anyone is able to provide this info, it would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Lori

A couple seated at our dining table on one of our cruises was cruising with a group of extended relatives that rented the Private oasis in HMC. Not positive of the facts, as we were not part of the planning and were just told about it. I believe it was $5000 (for 5 or 6 hours) and that paid for 12 people. (ballpark $400-$500/person) There was an additional charge per person over the initial 12, but I do not remember what that was. I do believe it was open bar as well, but I am not sure if it was restricted as to what liquor they had available. It included a private buffet, as well as "staff" on duty (cook, bartender, butler)

Hope this helps, maybe someone has better figures.

Thanks for the info, Foster & Susan. I guess we'll just enjoy a cabana, if Oasis is truly that expensive. Yikes!

I looked through some of your photo albums recently to see some 'real' photos. I have both Dream and Liberty sailings pending, and I thoroughly enjoyed looking through the albums. Great job and thanks for sharing!

Archived